Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unattached green wire beneath ECU
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrmdir
Hi: Another one of those mystery wire questions.

The large cable has the "big 4" red wires going from firewall to the battery. Small wire off to the right and through the paper towel goes to the fuel pump.

The green wire spade lug appears to have formerly had a plastic casing. It's not "hot" with key on or off. Nor with any dash switches on.

Any ideas what it is/was for?

Thanks,
Ron

Click to view attachment
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(jrmdir @ Sep 6 2021, 10:15 AM) *

Hi: Another one of those mystery wire questions.

The large cable has the "big 4" red wires going from firewall to the battery. Small wire off to the right and through the paper towel goes to the fuel pump.

The green wire spade lug appears to have formerly had a plastic casing. It's not "hot" with key on or off. Nor with any dash switches on.

Any ideas what it is/was for?

Thanks,
Ron

Click to view attachment

Temp. gauge?
dlee6204
agree.gif

Oil temperature sensor. If your engine is equipped, a green/black wire would go from the temp sensor on the bottom of the engine behind the fan shroud, through the engine tin and plug into the spade terminal you have shown. Do you have a center console with gauges?
jrmdir
Thanks - makes sense. I don't have the gauge/console package but sounds right that they would include the wiring for it in all looms.

Good to know that if I ever decide to add OT sensor I won't need to fish a new wire through the car!

Cheers,

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.