Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Endoscope recommendations? iPhone unit and/or standalone tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DC_neun_vierzehn
Looking for endoscope recommendations so I can peek into different areas of the 914 (e.g., engine bay). I've never owned or used one. There are so many out there, but would rather go with something that someone highly recommends (vs. me choosing blindly).

Are there pros/cons of getting a unit that works with an iPhone vs. a standalone until?

Thanks in advance.
mepstein
I have a $25 Bluetooth that works with my iPhone. It does a surprisingly good job. The benefit is you are not buying a second screen.
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 6 2021, 03:21 PM) *

I have a $25 Bluetooth that works with my iPhone. It does a surprisingly good job. The benefit is you are not buying a second screen.

Brand, model, or link to the one you have and recommend?
Shivers
I've seen what Mark is talking about, and a friend has klein tools scope. Really don't see where all the money goes on the expensive one. Does the same job. Must be the screen smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Sep 6 2021, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 6 2021, 03:21 PM) *

Brand, model, or link to the one you have and recommend?

I really just picked one for ~$25 on Amazon and it worked fine. Better than I expected.
FL000
I bought a cheap one off Amazon recently that was supposed to be compatible with Androids. Had to download a 3rd party app and never got it to work that way. Also tried with my laptop and worked but was a pain due to the size (of the laptop). I’m sure there are good ones out there but best to get a recommendation on model.

I finally kicked down and bought a stand-alone one from Harbor Freight. Still reasonable price and so far happy customer.
9146C
I, too, bought an inexpensive endoscope to use through my smart phone.

Worked much better than expected! No other special software required.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYTHWK...=UTF8&psc=1
johnhora
9156C...

what smartphone are you using... Android or iOS

Thanks
bdstone914
Get one that has its own light.

I would use one that works off your phone. I was using one today that had its own screen. The field of view was small and magnified. I gave up and used my cell phone on selfie mode to look in the tunnel and it was much easier.
GBX0073
I bought this one on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C9C6P5...=UTF8&psc=1
Mark Henry
QUOTE(FL000 @ Sep 6 2021, 06:42 PM) *

I bought a cheap one off Amazon recently that was supposed to be compatible with Androids. Had to download a 3rd party app and never got it to work that way. Also tried with my laptop and worked but was a pain due to the size (of the laptop). I’m sure there are good ones out there but best to get a recommendation on model.

I finally kicked down and bought a stand-alone one from Harbor Freight. Still reasonable price and so far happy customer.

Did you go into your WIFI and turn it on? My android one isn't bluetooth, it's WIFI.
The WIFI password is in the instructions, mine is 12345678.
Once I figured that out I had no problems. I use a tablet, the phone screen is too small.

You want the smallest head diameter.
9146C
QUOTE(johnhora @ Sep 6 2021, 08:55 PM) *

9156C...

what smartphone are you using... Android or iOS

Thanks

I'm using an older Samsung S7.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.