Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did this spring come from my car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrmdir
Hi:

When I first got my car I did a lot of exploring in the engine bay and took some parts off trying to figure out where to start first on the non-running project.

A few days later I moved the car and found this on the floor. I'm pretty sure I didn't see or hear anything drop so I decided I must have kicked it there from somewhere else in my "spotlessly clean" garage laugh.gif

But it still bothers me so I decided to ask if it looks familiar to others. It doesn't look like it in the photo but the spring is gold anodized.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Hand brake lever spring?
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 7 2021, 05:51 AM) *

Hand brake lever spring?

That's my guess too
Shivers
I have the later hand brake on mine. I went out and unscrewed the button and looked at the spring, it is about 3/8" wide on mine. I looked around to jar the memory and could not come up with anything else. But my memory is suspect
Mikey914
I don't think it's from your car. Thought it might be the shifter compression spring, but it's too long (and narrow from what I can tell).
Also, it's too clean.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 7 2021, 01:09 PM) *

I don't think it's from your car. Thought it might be the shifter compression spring, but it's too long (and narrow from what I can tell).
Also, it's too clean.

No. It's not the shifter spring.
jrmdir
Thanks everyone - very helpful. The cleanliness thing made me ignore it in the beginning, but you know how it seems like chasing shadows sometimes trying to get these cars running properly. So this was a "just in case" check and I'm glad there's consensus.

Can't wait for something else in my garage to turn up not working so I can put this thing back where it came from smile.gif

Ron
bkrantz
I have a collection of mystery parts, after almost 50 years of playing home mechanic, on both cars and bicycles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.