Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1970 914 2.0 liter $5,000- SOLD going to Belgium!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
roundtwo
Hello, this car was a garage find in Hayward about a year and a half ago. My intention was to restore with my son. We started deep cleaning and surface oxidation removal, POR 15 application. Suddenly a newly rebuilt 2 L engine came across my path locally and a very clean roller out of LA. In the interest of time, I decided to put my effort into building the second car and using the car pictured as the puzzle box picture of sort. The new roller was missing quite a few parts and I needed this 1970 as a road map of how everything should go together. Also, I could then determine what parts (many) were missing from the roller and start sourcing those parts. Since this car was so nearly complete and I wanted to preserve it for a restoration.

Good news is that hell hole is solid. Some rust through the right fender liner. Left junior hell hole is solid as well. Rust in the rear trunk as pictured from moisture in the rear truck when I picked it up. Although it was in an enclosed garage there were holes in the garage roof where water made it onto the car from time to time. Longs look great and undercarriage as well. Seam at fire wall to rear of floor pans looks really good.

A couple breakthrough holes in the floor pans but overall they’re very solid. Some rust in the channel under the front hood and at the headlight areas.

I pulled out the tank since it was nearly as Superfund site with old fuel. Pulled out the old fuel lines. Almost new tank included, expansion tank. Rebuilt brake calipers from the other car included, new fuel injectors in, and fuel rails look super clean. Engine rotates, A true 2.O liter with GA serial number. Not enough time to get it running as effort went into the other car. Owner said the car was garaged and left since the clutch went out and he didn’t have the money to fix it. Engine oil and filter changed 3 miles before the car was stored.

Missing some parts, that are easy to find but for the most part very complete. Includes another seat that’s actually a drivers seat but missing middle padding.

Paint code for L 98P blue metallic which is pretty rare for a 1970.

Rear trunk lid was replaced since the old one had huge holes in it from a gigantic wing that was mounted in the back.

A great place to start you fall / winter project. An honest car with great potential.

See link to google drive Pics. Sorry they’re in confusing order but I couldn’t figure out how to rearrange them.

price drop to $5000- would like the garage space before rain starts (if ever confused24.gif )
Can help with DMV paperwork - wink, wink

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Vg9...W_T?usp=sharing

Todd

Click to view attachment
roundtwo
Click to view attachment
roundtwo
Click to view attachment
roundtwo
Click to view attachment
roundtwo
Sorry. Having a tough time orienting the pics correctly even when I re-orient- edit the picture, it posts out of orientation

See pics on google drive please
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.