Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 sheet metal group buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
It has been about 16 months since I have had 914-6 sheet metal available. I will be making sets in about 4 weeks. Steel is crazy expensive right now so the $500 retail will be a new reality after this group buy. I have enough material that I had laser cut almost 2 years ago to make 15 sets. I will offer a set to anyone wanting a set at group buy pricing for 350 shipped.

These are a fraction of the cost of anything else out there.

Click to view attachment
mlindner
wow, nice looking metal Ben. That should go fast. Mark
Steve
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 7 2021, 12:52 PM) *

It has been about 16 months since I have had 914-6 sheet metal available. I will be making sets in about 4 weeks. Steel is crazy expensive right now so the $500 retail will be a new reality after this group buy. I have enough material that I had laser cut almost 2 years ago to make 15 sets. I will offer a set to anyone wanting a set at group buy pricing for 350 shipped.

I will take a set!!
Thanks for making these!!
mb911
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 7 2021, 01:15 PM) *

I will take a set!!

Steve send me your information and I will send you an invoice
BillJ
Will take one set
Steve
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 7 2021, 02:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 7 2021, 01:15 PM) *

I will take a set!!

Steve send me your information and I will send you an invoice

PM sent!!
Thanks!!
mate914
I’m in
mb911
QUOTE(mate914 @ Sep 7 2021, 04:13 PM) *

I’m in

Send me a pm with all your info and I will send you an invoice
Krieger
I'd like a set. Is it possible to get without the heater holes?
mb911
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 7 2021, 08:17 PM) *

I'd like a set. Is it possible to get without the heater holes?

Unfortunately no. I had them laser cut all the same.
Krieger
PM sent
tscrihfield
Don’t need another set, just a shameless plug for Ben’s incredible products!

I love mine along with my headers!

If you’re thinking about buying a set, do it! You wont be disappointed!
mb911
Thanks everyone pms all replied to
SKL1
I'd be in for a set if still available.
dherr
I am definitely in for a set - how do we place the order?
mb911
All pms replied to. Sorry for the delay with the response. Just started teaching fall semester and it's been crazy busy for the 1st 2 weeks
pete-stevers
Sent a pm, I will take a set too piratenanner.gif
internaut
i would love a set please count me in
Tdskip
I will take one more set please, sending PM
PaulFV8
I’ll take a set if available.
Thanks
Paul
David Stowers
Hi Ben,
My reply ordering a set has disappeared from the thread, adding again to say I want a set please.
Drop me a pm with shipping cost to Gillingham, Kent ME72SE. UK
You have my details on the original pm
Thanks
David
Tdskip
Any idea on timing of shipment? When would you like payment? Feel free to PM if easier.

Thanks again for doing this Ben.
mb911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 29 2021, 03:19 AM) *

Any idea on timing of shipment? When would you like payment? Feel free to PM if easier.

I have a fabrication friend of mine helping me with these. Hoping to have some done this weekend and be shipping next week. Will update once they are ready
David Stowers
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 29 2021, 03:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 29 2021, 03:19 AM) *

I have a fabrication friend of mine helping me with these. Hoping to have some done this weekend and be shipping next week. Will update once they are ready

Great news!
SKL1
Thx for the update...
David Stowers
Any news Ben?
I’d like to add oil lines to my shipment too please
Steve
popcorn[1].gif poke.gif
mb911
Hope to have some ready for shipping by the weekend and the balance next week. Sorry for the delay.
BillJ
looking forward to getting mine as well
garrettlee2
Any more still available? If so I would like a set
mb911
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Nov 11 2021, 05:42 PM) *

Any more still available? If so I would like a set

Don't know just yet.. got a get my head above water first
mb911
All the front pieces are done. Doing a complete production run so sides are next.
Steve
piratenanner.gif cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif
mb911
5 sets shipping Friday. Stay tuned for a total count and what is left. I will make another run but there will be some updates and improvements but will cost a little more.
David Stowers
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 24 2021, 12:54 PM) *

5 sets shipping Friday. Stay tuned for a total count and what is left. I will make another run but there will be some updates and improvements but will cost a little more.

Hi Ben
Are mine shipping in the first few?
I want to add a set of oil lines to the package please and need your invoice
Thanks
David
Krieger

What kind of updates and Improvements? I may be interested in holding off on my shipment. I am in no hurry.
mb911
QUOTE(David Stowers @ Nov 24 2021, 02:58 PM) *

Hi Ben
Thanks
David

David,

Technically you have not bought a set yet. I need to send you an invoice. I am shipping to everyone that purchased back in September then once all of those orders are completed you are 1st on my list. I got overwhelmed and delay after delay I was not comfortable selling any more until that was handled

That said thinking there will be a set for you. I believe 10 sets are paid for and there are 13 total sets. I will be modifying the 13th set for some improvements that I want to do for the next batch.
mb911
QUOTE(Krieger @ Nov 24 2021, 03:11 PM) *

What kind of updates and Improvements? I may be interested in holding off on my shipment. I am in no hurry.

Really all of these to this point have been in need of fitting and triming before paint. I want to revise them and improve them. My intention was to never make these again and just use the RD ones but the pricing didn't work out so here I am back at it again.. I expect with new steel prices and improvements they will go up another $100.. remember the price for these sets were based off of laser cuts I had from over 2 years ago.
mb911
1st 5 sets have shipped. Thanks again. Just to clarify I will continue to make these valued sets of sheet metal going forward along with oil tanks, GT rockers and some headers but mufflers are done for sure in Stainless. I make a value line of steel mufflers
David Stowers
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 24 2021, 03:59 PM) *

QUOTE(David Stowers @ Nov 24 2021, 02:58 PM) *

Hi Ben
Thanks
David

David,

Technically you have not bought a set yet. I need to send you an invoice. I am shipping to everyone that purchased back in September then once all of those orders are completed you are 1st on my list. I got overwhelmed and delay after delay I was not comfortable selling any more until that was handled

That said thinking there will be a set for you. I believe 10 sets are paid for and there are 13 total sets. I will be modifying the 13th set for some improvements that I want to do for the next batch.

Thanks Ben, please send my invoice ASAP and I’ll pay immediately.

BillJ
Ben would still like to get a set but hadnt seen invoice. Let me know please
mb911
QUOTE(BillJ @ Nov 27 2021, 07:56 AM) *

Ben would still like to get a set but hadnt seen invoice. Let me know please

Bill sounds good. I just need to fill all the other orders 1st. Remind me if I forget. Balancing a lot with the stainless muffler close out. I will definitely be able to serve everyone that wants a set just maybe the next run for some
David Stowers
Hi Ben, hope you’re well?
Can you please send me an invoice for the set of engine sheet metal as first requested in September. I am keen to get the motor fitted in January/February and could do with the tins ASAP.
Aa per my previous messages I’m also after a set of oil lines to hook up the tank I bought from you in the summer.
Let me know if you can’t find my pm with details and I can resend my address etc.
Thanks
David

Edit* Forget it, I’m done trying to give you my money
mb911
QUOTE(David Stowers @ Dec 20 2021, 04:49 AM) *

Hi Ben, hope you’re well?
Can you please send me an invoice for the set of engine sheet metal as first requested in September. I am keen to get the motor fitted in January/February and could do with the tins ASAP.
Aa per my previous messages I’m also after a set of oil lines to hook up the tank I bought from you in the summer.
Let me know if you can’t find my pm with details and I can resend my address etc.
Thanks
David

Edit* Forget it, I’m done trying to give you my money

David,

Sorry you feel that way. I only had so may sets that I cut almost 2 years ago. Then I moved, settled in and then had to reset up. Then delays of some support materials. I have doing another 20 sets
They will cost more but will be in stock from now on.

There is only 1 of me and I work full time and also do the business which is almost full time.

Anyway if any others are interested in sets let me know. We will figured out pricing on the next round and send invoices right away. The invoices will ensure your spot on the list.
BillJ
I was the fourth post here on this thread Ben. smile.gif @mb911
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 31 2021, 11:22 AM) *

There is only 1 of me and I work full time and also do the business which is almost full time.

So Ben.. are you saying your work is exhausting?

Click to view attachment

BillJ
Booo
Yeah!!!!
mb911
QUOTE(BillJ @ Mar 4 2022, 11:37 AM) *

Booo
Yeah!!!!

Bill sending you an invoice now. I think what happened was that last time I had left over parts that were laser cut from many years ago and then everyone pmd me and they were gone.. ugh. Well soon to be back in stock on the shelf permanently.
BillJ
Alrighty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.