Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight adjustment problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LCOX
Having a problem with the headlights on my 914. Both headlights work and they both open and retract but they don't raise up all the way. They only open up about 75%. Both beams are shining on the ground when fully open. I've posted a picture. I very made every adjustment known to man but still they aren't raised fully. Any advice. LClick to view attachment
windforfun
When did this start happening?
Cairo94507
Is this how they were when you bought the car? What has changed? Check the one bolt at the top of the headlight mechanism that stops the headlight in its fully open position- if it is adjusted in, it stops the headlight from opening fully. Look at the arms that open/close the headlights to see if they have been monkeyed with. I can't see how this could happen on its own- especially with both acting the same. Good luck. beerchug.gif
bkrantz
Do they open more and then close a bit before stopping when on? Or after turning off do they open more before shutting?
bdstone914
Can you turn the knob on the vack of the motor to raise them more?
LCOX
- Windforfun. I took both headlight assemblies off the car to clean out the drain pipe below. So apparently I've probably made a mistake.

- Cairo. Yes I've checked the bolt at the top of the headlight that keeps them from opening too far and they haven't been monkeys with.

bkrantz- let me take a closer look at this function

bstone- Yes I can turn the know on the motor but they don't open any further.
- Forgot to mention. When they close they don't close too far. They are level with the hood seam fully closed.
VaccaRabite
I think you are off by a tooth or two at the motor.
Take the relay out with the headlights up so they stay up with the key off (and so you won't loose a finger if the lights close for some reason - those motors are strong).

Take the arm off the motor and see if you can clock it so you get the full range of motion. One tooth will move the arm a good bit.

Zach
Cairo94507
Yup, the arm needs to be re-clocked.
Van914
Watch Ian’s video on YouTube
https://youtu.be/lx5tKgLG-_k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.