Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats the difference...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
I have several 2-1 mufflers that look pretty much the same. If I remember correctly the 914-6 tail pipe has a different "angle of dangle" than a 911? How do I determine which of these came with my six? I will either run the 6 muffler or put it on the shelf with the original 2.0 and convert one of my 911 2-1 mufflers to a 2-2 sport exhaust, as I so far do not have a correct rear six valence. I built a jig years ago for making 2-2 sport exhausts for my 911s, so it wouldn't be that difficult. Looks like the 914s that are running sport exhausts don't run a rear valence anyway? Thoughts and/or pics?
914Sixer
Only difference is the "angle of the dangle" IF you are going with stock porthole valance.
914andy
I grew tired of the muffler butt look.
this is what I did
rgalla9146

A very clever idea.
Provides a nice finished look using original 914 elements.
Well done.
Speedo
Very nice!
What muffler is that and did you fab up the valence/heat shield?
gereed75
There are fiberglass old school snowplow valences available I did this

Click to view attachment

On the car

Click to view attachment

914andy
Gereed75's was the inspiration for mine. Its just an old metal rear valance I had laying around. I can say that no engine lid grills were destroyed in the fab.
I took a grill to the metal shop...they measured..did a tracing...and laser cut me a piece.
Same thickness....same pattern....
The muffler is one of Ben's.....and I like it way to much biggrin.gif

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.