Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 Has Arrived!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rick986
I'm in the club! After searching for a few months, I located this beauty last week - 1975 1.8, numbers-matching, 50,000 documented original miles, original paint, zero rust, 2-owner (last one since '77).

I really wanted a '73-'74 2.0 in a different color...but I've always had a soft spot for orange cars too (this won't be may last purchase either!). When I found this, had it thoroughly reviewed and learned its history...at a price point I could swallow, I pulled the trigger.

Less than 24 hours after delivery and I am beyond impressed! The car is in AMAZING shape - cosmetically & mechanically. The prior owner loved this car and it absolutely shows! I just need to do some fine-tuning (wheels?) to return it to completely stock and I'll have a beautiful "survivor".

Thanks in advance for everyone's advice/help so far. Those of you I have connected with have been incredibly knowledgeable & supportive. Happy to be part of this awesome community! Woo Hoooooo!!!!!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Mayne
What a beauty! Nepal Orange? Congrats!
Cairo94507
Congratulations Rick. Beautiful car and it looks like it has indeed been well loved. I agree re the wheels; a set of stock Fuchs in the stock finish would look perfect.
Good luck and I wish you many miles of smiles as you enjoy her. beerchug.gif
dherr
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 13 2021, 01:20 PM) *

Congratulations Rick. Beautiful car and it looks like it has indeed been well loved. I agree re the wheels; a set of stock Fuchs in the stock finish would look perfect.
Good luck and I wish you many miles of smiles as you enjoy her. beerchug.gif

Congrats, that is a beautiful 914! If you need a set of stock Fuchs, I'll be selling a set from my project soon, as the car is being converted to 5 lug hubs. I can send you some detail pictures later if interested.
rmital
...I'll take the wheels...you're crazy, they look great.
914lover17
QUOTE(Mayne @ Sep 13 2021, 11:19 AM) *

What a beauty! Nepal Orange? Congrats!

replaced signal orange for 75/76! Man I love that color on 914s.

Looks super clean from the pictures, congrats!!
Root_Werks
looks great! What a nice score! Any 914 in nice shape is worth owning.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
very lucky to find such a car
Mikey914
Welcome to the "club" nice to have a car that really doesn't need anything!

welcome.png
Shivers
I'm glad such a nice car went to someone so excited to get it. Congratulations, have fun
FlacaProductions
That didn't take long! It ain't Olympic Blue but it'll do very, very nicely!
Welcome to the madness...
rgalla9146

Beautiful car, great color.....just in time for Halloween !
Enjoy !
Maltese Falcon
Willkommen welcome.png to one of the best places on this Planet ! Nice 914 BTW !
Coondog
Great find, congrats biggrin.gif
emerygt350
Beautiful car with an interesting engine.
flyer86d
Great find and color. Welcome to this craziness!

Charlie
RiqueMar
Lookin' good!
Van914
Congrats and welcome
bkrantz
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 13 2021, 12:37 PM) *

Welcome to the "club" nice to have a car that really doesn't need anything!

welcome.png

Come on, Mark, what fun is that? We only buy 914s to spend years restoring rusty bodies and yelling at fuel injection systems, right?
Freezin 914
Just wanted to say, you have officially gone down the rabbit hole!
welcome.png
Front yard mechanic
There is no hope for you now av-943.gif
pfreiburger
Beautiful car, love the color and 50K for miles, really excellent! Also, I would keep the wheels, I think they look good.
iankarr
welcome.png
Enjoy...and welcome to the addiction!
930cabman
Welcome aboard mate! great example and this shows taking your time and finding the right one pays off.
Now too many of these low mileage clean ones left. Great score
trick-e
Looks great!
By chance was it from northern MI? Looks/sounds familiar?
AZBanks
welcome.png
rmital
QUOTE(trick-e @ Sep 14 2021, 07:38 AM) *

Looks great!

...car resided in Northern NJ "before sold". forget it's geographical history...but, I think 2 previous owners.
Rick986
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 13 2021, 02:10 PM) *

Beautiful car, great color.....just in time for Halloween !
Enjoy !

And Cleveland Browns season!
Rick986
QUOTE(trick-e @ Sep 14 2021, 05:38 AM) *

Looks great!

It was not! East coast. Amazing it is so dry, but obviously never driven in harsh conditions. 46 years old - 50,000 miles. Never driven, period!
PanelBilly
It looks too good to be original. I think you need to take it apart and study every component. There’s got to be something g that needs to be replaced.
Jett
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 14 2021, 02:33 PM) *

It looks too good to be original. I think you need to take it apart and study every component. There’s got to be something g that needs to be replaced.

smile.gif The car looks perfect except for the rims, but easy fix.
930cabman
I like the rims
campbellcj
Congrats and enjoy! welcome.png
Jamie
QUOTE(Rick986 @ Sep 13 2021, 09:15 AM) *

I'm in the club! After searching for a few months, I located this beauty last week - 1975 1.8, numbers-matching, 50,000 documented original miles, original paint, zero rust, 2-owner (last one since '77).

I really wanted a '73-'74 2.0 in a different color...but I've always had a soft spot for orange cars too (this won't be may last purchase either!). When I found this, had it thoroughly reviewed and learned its history...at a price point I could swallow, I pulled the trigger.

Less than 24 hours after delivery and I am beyond impressed! The car is in AMAZING shape - cosmetically & mechanically. The prior owner loved this car and it absolutely shows! I just need to do some fine-tuning (wheels?) to return it to completely stock and I'll have a beautiful "survivor".

Thanks in advance for everyone's advice/help so far. Those of you I have connected with have been incredibly knowledgeable & supportive. Happy to be part of this awesome community! Woo Hoooooo!!!!!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

I see that you're in NE Ohio, so I bet you could be a late addition to participate in Okteenerfest for your first real 914 road trip! welcome.png
jagalyn
Nice car. Love the color.
BillJ
Thats a beauty!!!!
windforfun
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Sep 13 2021, 07:22 PM) *

There is no hope for you now av-943.gif

For sure!!! Congrats big time!!!
pete-stevers
You don't need a 914 to be part of this club! drunk.gif
But it helps! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.