Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bleeders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Which of these bleeders are speed bleeders
JeffBowlsby
Potentially each of them. Speedbleeders have a ball baering ckc valve, look for the ball at one end. They make multiple different sizes for different vehicle applications.
Superhawk996
The ones that only flow in one direction -- could likely use a vacuum bleeder to verify if they flow in only one direction or both.
davep
None that I can see. Those on the left are rear caliper, and on the right for the front.
The speed bleeders I have use a spring loaded conical tip, so loose like this and the tip would have separated.
jim_hoyland
Thanks. That helps a bunch….
Superhawk996
idea.gif hmm.

Speed bleeders I'm familiar with have a spring loaded check ball internal to them. Not in the tip. Probably multiple variants of the concept out there.

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
What speed bleeder works best ?
infraredcalvin
I bought these along with some new ones for my 914 from the bird like 20 years ago. 914 originally had them (not sure of the brand, but they were rusted and stuck open). Replaced and never had an issue since.

Click to view attachment

I never put them on my 930 because I started using a power bleeder. IMO best way to bleed and get firmest pedal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.