Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat and interior kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
At the point with my car that I would like to start working on the interior. 914Rubber is backed up on upholstery stuff...do we have other options? I need a complete driver seat kit and passenger seat bottom and back kit for my 70 six...maybe a carpet kit too.
mepstein
Auto international
dirk2056
Check Ebay I have seen kits their Things are getting harder to find!! Carpet sets are very limited also.
914werke
George. confused24.gif
I recently ordered a pair of seat bottoms because rubber guys dont offer them separate.
But...a word of caution, I ordered thinking they were a stock item. Nope. dry.gif
Build to order. So Im waiting mad.gif
I already critiqued them that even in my own operation I clearly advise online PRE-PURCHASE that an item was build to order and additional time should be expected.
mb911
I want do some sort of cloth inserts. Not tartan so I am interested what folks find. My 964 had stripped cloth so curious as well.
Speedo
I have a call into Autos International. They wanted to sell me two seat kits. I explained that I am early (1970) and I don't have two movable seats. They were very confused and said that I have two movable seats as that's all Porsche offered. I sent them a picture from PET. I am also wanting cloth inserts, so I don't know once they figure out my needs if they can accommodate. I will report back...
mb911
QUOTE(Speedo @ Sep 17 2021, 08:19 AM) *

I have a call into Autos International. They wanted to sell me two seat kits. I explained that I am early (1970) and I don't have two movable seats. They were very confused and said that I have two movable seats as that's all Porsche offered. I sent them a picture from PET. I am also wanting cloth inserts, so I don't know once they figure out my needs if they can accommodate. I will report back...

Please report back. That is on my to do list this winter.
mepstein
QUOTE(Speedo @ Sep 17 2021, 12:19 PM) *

Is Tony the guy to talk to there? I’m sure someone besides the person answering the phone knows what’s correct on a 914-6.
Literati914
I can make these up, been planning on offering products to the 914 community for a while. Have been focusing on my rust repair so have had it on the back burner. Hit me up if interested and we can discuss details.

Mikey914
We stock the seat kits, and sell center and base sections together as we have found that there is variation. We also sell the vinyl kit for the fixed seats as well as the "seat portion that goes into it. Just not seeing them on the website right now I will follow up as soon as they are properly listed
Here is the non fixed seat version, we are making more now.
https://914rubber.com/3-piece-back-pad-leatherette-set
dr914@autoatlanta.com
autos international does GREAT work. Our lady Sue does great work as well and does it at her home workshop using the original materials. She has the benefit of having original new old stock seats and carpet and door panels to compare. The dear thing works her fingers to the bone and will make anything from one seat cushion to a complete GT interior carpet kit. Takes one to three weeks dependent on the intensity and the materials
Van914
Ben,
Do the Pasha inserts.

quote name='mb911' date='Sep 16 2021, 08:08 PM' post='2946032']
I want do some sort of cloth inserts. Not tartan so I am interested what folks find. My 964 had stripped cloth so curious as well.
[/quote]
mb911
Ok need to find those
mb911
I want this striped material for my seats. Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 20 2021, 07:20 PM) *

I want this striped material for my seats. Click to view attachment

Any upholsterer can make the inserts for you if you give them a used insert for a pattern. It's a simple design.
914four
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 20 2021, 11:28 AM) *

Our lady Sue does great work as well and does it at her home workshop using the original materials. sity and the materials

George,

Does Sue do custom work? I built a couple of office style garage chairs from my parts car seats that I need to recover and would like to find someone who can embroider 914 on the head rest.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.