Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price estimate on 914-6 NOS Marelli Distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jett
Hello, we are hunting parts for our 914-6 clone build and stumbled across what appears to be an NOS Marelli Distributor from the 70’s.

I know that prices can be crazy but I’m trying to get a reasonable and fair price estimate.

Thanks
bdstone914
Even new they were crap. They had to get a Bosch to replace it. You can hardly give away a used one.
Jett
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 16 2021, 09:00 PM) *

Even new they were crap. They had to get a Bosch to replace it. You can hardly give away a used one.

Lol I was wondering why there were two types.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 17 2021, 12:00 AM) *

agree.gif run the car with a Bosch. Buy a complete Marelli for cheap at a swap meet
just to say you have it.
914Sixer
Do not waste time or money. Tolerances were sloppy at best, electrical was bad
IronHillRestorations
I'm guessing the reason they put a Marginelli in the 6 was purely for cost savings.
davep
Are caps & rotors even available for them?
914Sixer
AA has reproductions of all the parts. Expensive by my way of thinking.
Jett
Thanks for all the info. My friend’s stash of old 911 parts is impressive, he has been filling up his buildings for years. Mentioned that Porsche parts distributors would go out of business and offer him the parts, he bought truck loads when folks were throwing them away. Great to be an early 911 parts hoarder smile.gif
rgalla9146
Contrary to all thats been said, I have a 6 that was set up a looong time ago at either
Vasek Polak or Scientific Automotive.
It starts instantly and runs very strong.
I have very little info on what had been done and have not really investigated but I do know it has the original Marelli.
confused24.gif

i
dr914@autoatlanta.com
marelli stock for 1970 914-6 bosch stock for 1971 and 1972 914-6. 750 would be a good price for NOS Marelli complete

QUOTE(Jett @ Sep 16 2021, 07:54 PM) *

Hello, we are hunting parts for our 914-6 clone build and stumbled across what appears to be an NOS Marelli Distributor from the 70’s.

I know that prices can be crazy but I’m trying to get a reasonable and fair price estimate.

Thanks

ClayPerrine
Porsche Classic is now making the Cap, rotor and points sets for the Marelli distributor. I have one in the six, and it works great.

The bosch that was in it when I got the car didn't work. It has a frozen advance.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.