Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taycan muffler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I didn’t figure out how to attach the link, but today I got a Suncoast Porsche ad today that had the new muffler for the Taycan. There’s a video that you can play to hear the fake exhaust sound. It’s actually a factory accessory. Too funny. Reminds me of when I would clip a playing card to my bike with a cloths pin.
914e
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 17 2021, 07:16 PM) *

I didn’t figure out how to attach the link, but today I got a Suncoast Porsche ad today that had the new muffler for the Taycan. There’s a video that you can play to hear the fake exhaust sound. It’s actually a factory accessory. Too funny. Reminds me of when I would clip a playing card to my bike with a cloths pin.

The option is to add a microphone transducer to the drivetrain so you can hear it inside the car. The mp3 is just to let you hear what it sounds like. Take out all the soundproofing and you can get it for free.
ClayPerrine
This comes from a computer..... I would have to hack it and replace the audio file with the sound of the 917 on the Mullisane Straight from the movie Le Mans.

driving.gif
Ansbacher
Just more confirmation that Porsche has hit rock bottom.

Ansbacher
porschetub
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 18 2021, 02:16 PM) *

Audi have done this with the latest diesel RS,watched a vid with Chris Harris ,thing was it really sounded like it was a petrol @ the rear.
This car has really pissed off the purists...shock horror a diesel dry.gif .
In the early days of the watercooled 911's many folks complained about the engine sound,a "sound package" exhaust was offered later and the next model came with a modified muffler to answer this issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.