Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triangle window trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesJ
Hello All,

I am looking to restore the quarter window trim pieces. Were these both anodized from the factory? ...or perhaps they look cloudy from age?
Also wondering if anyone has had or seen these chromed without anodizing.

Thanks,
James
Click to view attachment
914sgofast2
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Sep 17 2021, 08:36 PM) *

Hello All,

I am looking to restore the quarter window trim pieces. Were these both anodized from the factory? ...or perhaps they look cloudy from age?
Also wondering if anyone has had or seen these chromed without anodizing.

Thanks,
James
Click to view attachment

The thin front seal holder is anodized aluminum; not chromed.
The larger window channel piece is chromed steel.
JeffBowlsby
Check again. Both are polished and clear anodized aluminum. The front chassis mounted weatherstip channel is available new from URO. The side window channels can be stripped and reanodized, new parts not available.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 18 2021, 11:33 AM) *

Check again. Both are polished and clear anodized aluminum. The front chassis mounted weatherstip channel is available new from URO. The side window channels can be stripped and reanodized, new parts not available.

agree.gif

Are the URO windshield channels as good as factory parts? Been a while since I sourced the factory stuff (10~ years), but it fit well and the price was ok.

Like the horizontal trim piece across the top/back of the targa bar, the window channels were NLA both times I painted my car. I used King of Trim in Southern California to redo the "anobrite" finish, which wasn't cheap and took two tries but came out nicely the second time. Not sure if ownership has changed since then?
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 18 2021, 12:33 PM) *

@JeffBowlsby sorry for the newbie question ... what is the website URL for URO?
JeffBowlsby
https://apaindustries.com/
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 18 2021, 07:19 PM) *

@JeffBowlsby Thanks Jeff. Another newbie question ... I don't see any way to add anything to my cart ... or any place to create an account ... etc. What am I missing with that site?
Mikey914
They only sell through retailers.
JamesJ
Anyone recommend a place to have the large window channel shop polished and clear anodized?
Thanks everyone and thanks @jeffbowlsby for the new part lead...didn't know these are available new.
@DC_neun_vierzehn
I was told the parts are available through SMC and SSF.
https://sierramadrecollection.com/
https://www.ssfautoparts.com/

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.