Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SLO Homecoming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Left Dads car with the in laws while we got settled in SLO. Heading home tomorrow. Will take it SLO.

Dad bought this 74 in 76 in Lompoc. Spent its days in Nipomo and Santa Maria. I drove it briefly in HS in 86. When my Dad passed, it followed me home to the Bay Area in 96 and has been in Pleasanton since 06. Now we live in SLO. Want it driving ASAP.

Life’s too short.

Godspeed.
Krieger
driving.gif
horizontally-opposed
That's a great looking car, and SLO is a great town. Enjoy, and please share more photos when you've got it up and running!

beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Congratulations on the new place. Does that mean you will at WCR in SLO this year? beerchug.gif
SirAndy
piratenanner.gif
Front yard mechanic
The thirteen century Saint and bishop Louis of Toulouse and your Dad would be proud
mb911
Congratulations but I know nothing of the acronyms in California so you are speaking foreign language to me. biggrin.gif
Mayne
Beautiful car! Had to look up SLO: San Luis Obispo. But I live in a state where SF is Santa Fe and Las Vegas is a small town without a gambling problem.
EdwardBlume
Made it.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 18 2021, 07:13 PM) *

Congratulations on the new place. Does that mean you will at WCR in SLO this year? beerchug.gif

Thanks.

I hope so. Car is on non-op and hasn’t run in 3-4 years. Tried to start it - cranked but wouldn’t light.

Will definitely appear at the event but I’m not following around in a 4Runner… that’s lame.
r_towle
Replace rubber fuel lines
Andyrew
That is a good looking car Rob!!
lierofox
Howdy from Templeton/Paso Robles!
strawman
Welcome to SLO! PM me and we can arrange a work day on your car at my shop here in Los Osos -- I recently resurrected a 1975 914 that was parked in a local garage for the past 15 years, so I can provide some pointers on what to expect. I also have a trailer and a tow-rig to haul it over here so that we can get it running before WCR next month. Let's dooo eeeeet!
Geoff
Cairo94507
@EdwardBlume - Of course not, you would follow in the SUV with the empty trailer..... beerchug.gif
Arno914
SLO is a beautiful city. Have been there twice since my girlfriend is a "Calpoly-Mom". Her daugther graduated in the fall of 2019.
Great 914!
Shivers
Great big mouth bass sport fishing in SLO area. But check if where you are fishing at is safe to eat. Mercury. Nice 914
Eric_Shea
Great steaks at the Madonna! Let's get it going for WCR!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 20 2021, 07:26 AM) *

JOCKOS In Nipomo. Thank me later.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(strawman @ Sep 19 2021, 09:24 PM) *

Welcome to SLO! PM me and we can arrange a work day on your car at my shop here in Los Osos -- I recently resurrected a 1975 914 that was parked in a local garage for the past 15 years, so I can provide some pointers on what to expect. I also have a trailer and a tow-rig to haul it over here so that we can get it running before WCR next month. Let's dooo eeeeet!
Geoff

Wow. Thanks! I’m getting it off non op today and making a list. I’ll PM you for sure. Love to join the WCR! Thanks again!
EdwardBlume
Here’s my list to restart:
Oil - motor
Oil - 901
Fuel lines
Fuel filter
Clean / inspect fuel injectors
Check plugs
Vacuum lines
Timing

Anything else?
Krieger
Bleed the brakes!
Drink beer!
Shivers
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 20 2021, 03:17 PM) *

Bleed the brakes!
Drink beer!

If it has been a while, change the brake fluid first, bleed and then drink beer. beer3.gif
markb
QUOTE(EdwardBlume @ Sep 20 2021, 02:09 PM) *

I'm told Jocko's isn't what it used to be. Under new ownership. sad.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 20 2021, 10:59 PM) *

Oh no. I guess I’ve been away too long. I heard Shaw’s burned and is rebuilt? Where’s the Far Western Tavern and the Hitching Post?
markb
QUOTE(EdwardBlume @ Sep 21 2021, 07:26 AM) *

Oh no. I guess I’ve been away too long. I heard Shaw’s burned and is rebuilt? Where’s the Far Western Tavern and the Hitching Post?

Yup, Shaws is supposedly back. I haven't heard anything about Far Western or Hitchin' Post.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 21 2021, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(EdwardBlume @ Sep 21 2021, 07:26 AM) *

Yup, Shaws is supposedly back. I haven't heard anything about Far Western or Hitchin' Post.

Still in business
https://hitchingpost1.com/

https://farwesterntavern.com/our-story/

But not the same moving from Guad to Orcutt.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.