Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield and Trim Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Anyone need to put a windshield or trim in? Here's a video on how I did it on my bumblebee build. Many states have outlawed butyl for professional glass installers, so if you want to replace the windshield on your classic Porsche the way it was done at the factory, you may have to do it yourself. It isn't difficult. You just need a helper, some butyl tape, the right clips and trim pieces. Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caoslhYlE1U
brant
@speedo
FlacaProductions
(Another) great video, Ian. You mentioned that the dash-to-glass cosmetic trim strip can't be installed after the windshield is in but it's been mentioned here (and on the 914 Rubber site) that it can be. Thoughts?
iankarr
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Sep 20 2021, 10:57 AM) *

(Another) great video, Ian. You mentioned that the dash-to-glass cosmetic trim strip can't be installed after the windshield is in but it's been mentioned here (and on the 914 Rubber site) that it can be. Thoughts?

It's possible that someone has done this, but I don't see how I could. The rubber presses between the pinchweld and the glass itself, so it's under a bit of compression. Maybe a slim putty knife could get the job done. But wayyyy easier to do it when the glass is out.
iankarr
Quick bump since it got pushed off the front page in less than a day wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.