Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 rear brake seal kits?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Good morning - considering having a go at rebuilding these myself but can't seem to find a kit with the seals etc. I know Eric and crew will do a great job rebuilding these but does anyone have a source for the kit if I decide to do them myself?

Thanks!
mepstein
Wouldn’t it be a rear M caliper kit with a couple 914-4 parts.
Tdskip
Good morning - are those the same piston size as the 914/6 rears? Aren't the 914/6 rear pistons bigger?

Clever idea if that works however.

BTW - I should get the Carrera back with the 3.0 engine installed I bought from you today. Man, it sounds mean and rev's quickly.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes plenty, use a rear 911 caliper kit then add the four special o rings we make and be on your way

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Sep 20 2021, 05:45 AM) *

Good morning - considering having a go at rebuilding these myself but can't seem to find a kit with the seals etc. I know Eric and crew will do a great job rebuilding these but does anyone have a source for the kit if I decide to do them myself?

Thanks!

mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Sep 20 2021, 11:26 AM) *

Good morning - are those the same piston size as the 914/6 rears? Aren't the 914/6 rear pistons bigger?

Clever idea if that works however.

BTW - I should get the Carrera back with the 3.0 engine installed I bought from you today. Man, it sounds mean and rev's quickly.

914-6 calipers are M rear calipers with a 914 parking brake. The pistons are the same on both calipers.

The Carrera engine is really special. It really is similar to a 2.7 RS with an aluminum case.

I purchased another one a couple weeks ago from a Pelican seller. It's more of a long block kit that still needs parts and finishing. It also has a made up serial number. Fred Apgar assured me it was common on imported replacement engines to stamp a number. He once told me his shop built over 2000 engines so I believe what he says. Peter Dawe said the same and he has about 3000 engines to his name.
Eric_Shea
We have 914-6 rear caliper kits in stock. Complete with the adjuster seals, caliper 1/2 seals and the impossible to find welch plug. wink.gif
Tdskip
Thanks for the discussion and info, very much appreciated.

Eric - will drop you a line as I have some other calipers for you anyway.

Thanks!
PatMc
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 20 2021, 12:50 PM) *

We have 914-6 rear caliper kits in stock. Complete with the adjuster seals, caliper 1/2 seals and the impossible to find welch plug. wink.gif

The Welch plugs aren’t that impossible to find…but the outer caps are… biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.