Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB up Fresh air screen and seal Yes WCR $20 coupon works on these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
We have been casting these by hand for some time as they are needed. We have finally stepped up to high volume tooling and you can benefit for that.
The grills are an important part of keeping larger debris items out of your airbox. They were a late car item but can be retrofitted into the early cars. You may not even notice that you have this as many were painted over as removing the airbox is a pain, and most body shops don’t want to even think about it. May are painted over. As I mentioned these were hand cast, that meant that we had to go through and clean up the flash on these in the center “grill area” this required a lot of time.
These are “correct” for cars 1973-76 model years starting with VIN #24929. This set can be used for any model year as the grille only requires the top seal for backdating.
We had been selling these at $25 a pop as there was a lot of labor in them. Making this jump in tooling makes a better quality part and we can reduce the cost of what we can sell them at. The GB price on these The seal me make is a silicone seal that you can use glycerin to help slide in place. The OEM seals are a very small and hard to keep seated seal that caused me lots of frustration, so I made the larger seal that is easier to hold in place and provides a water tight seal.
Ian has even done up a great thread with a how to - https://youtu.be/Uhs6pedBOXM
You may not need it now but the now you have the ability to save a good chunk of change.
We are just finishing up these and they will be ready in about 14 days.
NARP74
Probably on my list and I don't even know it yet. I'm in.
Steve
I will take a set. I might need it someday...
ndfrigi
1 set for me Mark.
Mikey914
Figured that since there were a few threads popping up on the airbox it was worth putting this up a little early. We also make many of the misc clips that hold these together so if you are missing one perfect time put back on.
Chris H.
Need one for sure!
Front yard mechanic
Fresh off the grill for me jsharp.gif
PCH
Please count me in.
914Sixer
I am in for one set of screen and seal.
DC_neun_vierzehn
In for one screen and seal.
914xr75
One screen and seal please.
914e
I will take a grill and seal just to have on hand.
808 WRX
I'm in for one set, maybe two beerchug.gif
racer914
I will take a grill and seal set.
davep
I would be looking for 2 sets.
PaulFV8
I’m in for two sets please
bob164
I'm in for a set.
Montreal914
In for a set!
Thank you! smile.gif
HansJan
Do all 914's have these?
If so, I need a set....
Mikey914
QUOTE(HansJan @ Sep 24 2021, 06:11 PM) *

Do all 914's have these?
If so, I need a set....

All 914s can have these. These are “correct” for cars 1973-76 model years starting with VIN #24929. They do keep larger debris like leaves from accumulating where they are a pain to remove.
Mikey914
Pm's going out later this week
Rick986
1 set please, Mark. Thanks!
74K914
1 Set, thanks
Mikey914
The GB is open on these and is available to all that want them

Yes you can use the $20 coupon from WCR on these !
Root_Werks
I have so many unopened boxes from 914Rubber, I honestly don't know if I already have this?
Mikey914
If you bought an airbox kit you may have added this in, we never discounted these before as they were time consuming to make, and were a pain to clean up as there was flash around the mold seams.

Maybe this winter you will be able to work on your car? poke.gif
dyw914
I'm interested in a set. Thanks.
autopro
I need just the grille as I already have the seal please.
maf914
I’ll take a set. Thanks, Mark.
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far
pete-stevers
Mikey! I will take two!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.