Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
devil
Does anyone know if the original 4 pin relay (Hella TBB26 4DB 002 479-01) can be found somewhere? I’ve been trying to locate one and if using the same part code, I can only find relays with 3 pins and as far as I can tell, those do not really work correctly.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bzettner
I bought a 4 pin flasher relay from RockAuto last week made by Uro.
914Sixer
Hella does not make them anymore. Here you go, GERMAN made replacement.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have always had plenty on the shelf, the relay works the turn signls, the emergency flashers, the handbrake light and the low brake circuit pressure light
Quite important to have the correct relay installed
StarBear
Just a note: if you have a 1.8, the aftermarket ones more often than not don’t work right. Don’t know why. If you can, stick with NOS units. A member was selling used ones a few months ago. biggrin.gif
dax1969
I installed a Hella one recently and all of a sudden I got a buzzing noise and dim L/R arrows. Disconnected the wire on the brakeswitch and it stopped.
Still chasing the problem. Looking for a new relay that actually works.
Prior to the hella one I tried to install a URO relay. Crap, that one just fell apart during install
Difficult to find a good and correct one.
Funny thing is that the wehrle one is made in germany but can't find them online in Europe while I see the all over ebay in the states. Crazy

cheers
Dax
Steve
I also had to install an aftermarket one to get the spoke LED's to work correctly. All functions on my car work fine.
devil
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 23 2021, 05:23 PM) *

we have always had plenty on the shelf, the relay works the turn signls, the emergency flashers, the handbrake light and the low brake circuit pressure light
Quite important to have the correct relay installed

Damn, I wish I had known to search Auto Atlanta – I just ordered a bushings kit from you, could have saved on the shipping smile.gif

Thanks for the info, will add it to my next order then.
Quinn Moore
Autoatlanta.com aktion035.gif

QM
burlybryan
QUOTE(StarBear @ Sep 23 2021, 11:38 AM) *

Just a note: if you have a 1.8, the aftermarket ones more often than not don’t work right. Don’t know why. If you can, stick with NOS units. A member was selling used ones a few months ago. biggrin.gif

I can attest to this. URO one didn't get along with my 1.8 car.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
what I do best here at autoatlanta is give FREE and ACCURATE 914 tech advice. I am now making some YOUTUBE videos so that when I die the knowledge is not lost.
StarBear
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 24 2021, 03:30 PM) *

what I do best here at autoatlanta is give FREE and ACCURATE 914 tech advice. I am now making some YOUTUBE videos so that when I die the knowledge is not lost.

And your troubleshooting book is tops. I Go there and Haynes first.
914Sixer
Everyone SHOULD have a copy of DR 914 book. Lets you cut the the problem biggrin.gif
Spoke
You can always go with EP26 which is LED-compatible and pin-compatible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.