Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charcoal Canister Install on '75 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rick986
Does anybody have pix of the correct factory install of the canister on an original '75 1.8L? Thanks!
Steve
QUOTE(Rick986 @ Sep 23 2021, 10:34 AM) *

Does anybody have pix of the correct factory install of the canister on an original '75 1.8L? Thanks!

Check the originality forum

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108524P
rfinegan
I have been using the battery hold down bolt to keep the Canister in place on my 75 1.8.
Sure would like to know where its mount for sure though...
Steve
QUOTE(rfinegan @ Sep 23 2021, 10:49 AM) *

I have been using the battery hold down bolt to keep the Canister in place on my 75 1.8.

Not factory, but I mounted mine between the battery and the firewall, to get it out of the way. However my car is a six and i do not have the 4 banger ECU there.
bretth
I have seen it on the firewall and on the battery tray for the 1975 1.8. I would like to know which was correct myself. I could see the firewall mount used because the L-jet dual relay looks like it should be on the battery tray and my car has a hole in the firewall area. But then there are a few other non original holes on my firewall too.
drem914
QUOTE(rfinegan @ Sep 23 2021, 10:49 AM) *

That is how mine arrived. Not sure if it is correct though as I was not the orignal owner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.