Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket accelerator cable? Need one for my suby conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Hey guys I can't remember where I ordered my current accelerator cable. I think I just ordered a basic 914 accelerator cable but had them add like 18" in length. Only issue is I need the throttle body end to have the circle end you just slide in sideways. Not the rod on the end you use a screw to keep in place. I made due with this one by putting a piece on the rod which I put in the hole. I needed to bend the rod just a bit & over time the wire has frayed & is about to break. Anyway I need a new accelerator cable. I have gotten shift cables from customcables in CA. Called & they don't show a record of the accelerator cable. They also said they don't do much with accelerator cables. So who have you use for an Accelerator cable?
Chris914n6
Stock cable with the end cut off and a barrel nut added. Pretty sure I got the barrel at HD or Lowes back in 2000.

IPB Image

IPB Image
JRust
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 24 2021, 12:51 PM) *

Stock cable with the end cut off and a barrel nut added. Pretty sure I got the barrel at HD or Lowes back in 2000.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The stock cable I had originally wasn't long enough to reach under the motor around back & up to the throttle body. Did you use a 914/6 cable?
Mikey914
Doing up another custom cable Monday. Hit me up with total overall length, and how much you need from the firewall of the outer sheath.
Mark
HansJan
Get it from 914Rubber.
Much better then Terry cable.

(at least 914Rubber puts the sleeve around the parts that goes through the tunnel)
JRust
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 24 2021, 05:36 PM) *

Doing up another custom cable Monday. Hit me up with total overall length, and how much you need from the firewall of the outer sheath.
Mark

Texting you now brother. Didn't know you guys made cables
Chris914n6
Nissan motor. Routed the same as stock. My TB pokes thru the trunk wall.

Have Mikey make one then he can add it to the catalog for suby swaps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.