Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cable linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dumbjim
Hi all, about a month ago, I took the leak and bought the cable linkage from Tangerine Racing. It's now been about a month that I've been trying to get it to work right. I've used every possible configuration, but when I'm at full throttle on the master carb, I'm only about half throttle on the slave carb. This so far, has been a horribly frustrating experience. Prior to the cable system, I had cross bar linkage that worked quite well. I corrected the offset and made sure both drops were equal. I should have left well enough alone, but thought I could even do better. I'm about ready to chuck this cable system in the trash, and go back to the crossbar. Has anyone out there had this issue? I'm really on my last nerve.
mepstein
Have you talked to Chris? He knows his products and is a helpful guy.
HansJan
Like you I replaced my cross bar with Chris's cable system, about one month ago as well. I hesitated for about a year to do this (because of price).

What a waste of my year. I will never get this time back. Should have gotten his cable setup way earlier. It's a little tedious to install (drilling holes etc), but it sooo much better then the cross-bar.

With the Cross bar the car was different each day. Now its so much easier to synchronize the carbs and keep idle consistent.

DO NOT GIVE UP.
Listen to Mepstien (Call Chris).
ChrisFoley
We've talked a couple times already.
I don't understand what's causing the difficulty yet.
A few pictures would probably be very helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.