Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Members and Shoutout to 914Werke!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krisnbran1
Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info in our pre-buying decision and that we took the plunge! My wife and I are the proud owners of a numbers matching 1974 2.0 with the appearance and performance packages! It's in nearly original condition and has been used as a daily driver by fellow member Srhye for over 20 years! It's had a respray that's peeling off in a few places and a few small rust spots that we'll need to address, but otherwise a really sound car. We just drove it 300 miles from Seattle to Spokane and it's a hoot to drive! And a really big shoutout to Rich at 914Werke for referring us to the seller of the car and for doing a very thorough PPI. We learned more about 914's from Rich this past week in some emails and during the PPI than several months of online research, lol! Looking forward to learning more from you all here as we start this journey. Thanks again, all, and stay well...

Brandon & Kristi

Click to view attachment
Craigers17
welcome.png

Very nice 914! Looks like Marathon Blue....my first was a 74' Marathon Blue. Enjoy the twisties!
ndfrigi
Congratulations Brandon and Kristi! @krisnbran1
PanelBilly
We’re lucky to have Rich in our neck of the woods
914-300Hemi
Congrats. Love blue Marathon color but I am a little impartial.

Enjoy the beautiful 914.
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
76-914
welcome.png If you aren't already a member you'll want to get AAA for their 4 free tow's a year. Get Hagerty Insurance for your new ride and that will add a couple more free tow charges. beerchug.gif
FRUNKenstein
Congratulations and welcome!

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
Congrats and enjoy! I love that color. welcome.png
emerygt350
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 26 2021, 08:16 AM) *

welcome.png If you aren't already a member you'll want to get AAA for their 4 free tow's a year. Get Hagerty Insurance for your new ride and that will add a couple more free tow charges. beerchug.gif

Are you implying something about the reliability of these cars! wink.gif
Cairo94507
welcome.png Congratulations on a great buy.

I think anytime you are dealing with cars that are about 50 years old, a AAA card is a great investment. Personally, I have their Premier Plus 200 mile towing. Better to have and not need than the opposite. beerchug.gif
krisnbran1
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! We're already making a "to do" list and love the towing recommendation, lol! We do have Hagerty and they're great! We've had them for years on a number of cars and the AAA Premier Plus is an intriguing suggestion. Cheers, all! :-)
Rick986
Congrats and welcome to the club! welcome.png
Root_Werks
Welcome to the 914 community! Looks like a very nice 914.
scallyk9
QUOTE(krisnbran1 @ Sep 26 2021, 04:55 PM) *

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! We're already making a "to do" list and love the towing recommendation, lol! We do have Hagerty and they're great! We've had them for years on a number of cars and the AAA Premier Plus is an intriguing suggestion. Cheers, all! :-)

Talk to your Hagerty representative about their Driver's Club which includes free 65 mile or 150 mile towing on all the vehicles you own including daily drivers not insured by Hagerty. Plus several other benefits. I had occasion to use mine for a 1989 Merkur XR4Ti with a broken halfshaft 62 miles from home and it was fantastic, not even any paperwork to sign, plus they called me every 20 minutes while I waited an hour during rush hour traffic for the flat tow truck to arrive.

And welcome to 914world! Very nice ride!
L-Jet914
Welcome to the group. Glad to see another Marathon Blue 914. Mine is a 74 1.8L.
Montreal914
welcome.png ...and welcome to the addiction... assimilate.gif

The more you drive it, driving.gif the less you need AAA towing 914_RideOfShame_1.jpg smile.gif

CHIZ 914
welcome.png got a chance to see the car when you guys picked it up. Very nice looking car and hope you are enjoying it. Agreed that Rich he’s awesome and has a lot of knowledge for anything you might need
914_7T3
welcome.png

Enjoy the new ride! Happy to see more Marathon Blue Cars still out there first.gif
Maltese Falcon
Enjoy the ride...it's a Lifestyle ! welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.