Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Removing the alternator for a possible overhaul or replacement and this just fell out of the passenger side motor. I've never seen this. It's a push in plug of sorts, hollow with a push down cap. ?? dime is for perspective.

And I don't trust any lift...Quickjack, 2 Almost safe jackstands, and the wheel under the tranny biggrin.gif

Poor pictures. Give me a few and I'll get better ones.Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Looks like a mangled engine list bump stop.

Clay
bandjoey
biggrin.gif Should have known. It keeps the passenger side from tilting more than the drivers side.
JeffBowlsby
We can see the story now in the news…hydraulic jack leaks down and fails, putting weight on the ratchet jack stand which disengages then the entire rear end of the car rolls/swings unpredictably to one side or the other on the tire crushing what ever it call on and resulting in damaged body panels, brake rotors and who knows what else. Do your yourself a favor and get some real jackstands within safety pins, double them up for redundancy if you like.
windforfun
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 25 2021, 03:55 PM) *

We can see the story now in the news…hydraulic jack leaks down and fails, putting weight on the ratchet jack stand which disengages then the entire rear end of the car rolls/swings unpredictably to one side or the other on the tire crushing what ever it call on and resulting in damaged body panels, brake rotors and who knows what else. Do your yourself a favor and get some real jackstands within safety pins, double them up for redundancy if you like.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
bandjoey
Using quick Jack. After lifting it rests on to steel to steel safeties but I like your tv disaster scenario biggrin.gif Quick Jack allows vehicle lifted indefinitely as long as the locks are in place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.