Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Made It Here Sort Of
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
After many starts and stops over the last 3 months, the car I bought was to head this way. Car was basically a "body in black". All the metal and paint prep was done. Next up for it was primer and block sanding. Car was picked up Thursday in California, with delivery this morning. First thing driver said was I needed to look at the DAMAGE. headbang.gif WTF.gif . Just a small dent! The small dent was a worthless rear trunk lid and a pushed in driver side tail light corner. I was really pissed BUT it was already done. I had to let it go and be civil. We settled up and went on. I kept telling myself about the good luck I had to purchase a straight car. biggrin.gif
914Sixer
Another shot
914Sixer
One more
Craigers17
Un-frick'n-believable! Sorry to see this...that is such a nice roller. So how did the driver explain how that happened? It looks like it took a pretty good shot.
gms
Sorry to see that Mark, so close and then a set back
hissyfit.gif
mb911
How does one make that right wow.
914Sixer
Got find new rear deck lid, and a little hammer and dolly work.
bkrantz
Did you tell the driver that these are now $100k cars?
rgalla9146
On the positive side, it's solid metal.
Good early cars are hard to find.
Good luck with it.
mate914
That dent has a nice curve to it.
thats a nice starter car.
Matt flag.gif
Cairo94507
Shipping a car is a major stressor. I am sorry to see the damage to such a great chassis, but it also shows the chassis is what it was represented to be. Looks like solid metal and not a car sculpted out of filler. That should straighten out pretty easily. beerchug.gif

Is the shipper willing to do anything to make that right?
914Sixer
Yeah, I told the shipper I wanted $700 off the cost of shipping. They did do that.
Shivers
Hood would be some work but the rest isn't too bad. Nice they worked with you. Looks like a nice shell otherwise
Cairo94507
I think that was a good number and fair. beerchug.gif
mlindner
Mark, that is a great looking body to start with, congratulations . Mark L.
Unobtanium-inc
I hate transporters, I once watched a guy fold a Pre-A up, or another time a guy loaded a couch on top of a car, those guys just give 0fucks.
bkrantz
The universe has an infinite supply of stupid and lazy. And rust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.