Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear window options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
I have sliding bits on each side of mine but I have seen other strange things. Anyone know what the options were?
Cairo94507
Fixed glass- either plain glass or with a heater element in the glass. That's how they all left the factory. In 50 years, God only knows what people have done. beerchug.gif
emerygt350
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 26 2021, 04:15 PM) *

Fixed glass- either plain glass or with a heater element in the glass. That's how they all left the factory. In 50 years, God only knows what people have done. beerchug.gif

I am am shocked there was a market for that kind of thing. Mine looks factory installed. Crazy that people were offering stuff like that.
emerygt350
And I have seen a 75 with a Central window slide.
Click to view attachment
gms
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Sep 26 2021, 05:33 PM) *

Click to view attachment

More pictures please
bbrock
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Sep 26 2021, 04:33 PM) *

dry.gif The beauty of a 914 is being a convertible that doesn't beat the stromberg.gif out of your head thanks to the rear glass.
emerygt350
They really work well to pull air through the vents if you can't open the windows in the rain. They also allow you to tune in more 'vroom vroom' if you like, in stereo.

The coat hooks are also a little bit of a curiosity to me. I cannot imagine how they could be useful.

Sorry about the water spots. Flash and night photography.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

JeffBowlsby
Thats custom.
bkrantz
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Sep 26 2021, 04:33 PM) *

The F150 option?
nivekdodge
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Sep 26 2021, 07:47 PM) *

They really work well to pull air through the vents if you can't open the windows in the rain. They also allow you to tune in more 'vroom vroom' if you like, in stereo.

The coat hooks are also a little bit of a curiosity to me. I cannot imagine how they could be useful.

Glad I’m not the only one wondering about the coat hooks
914sgofast2
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Sep 26 2021, 04:47 PM) *

They are not coat hooks. They are for the shoulder harness buckle piece on cars w/o the retractable seat belts.
emerygt350
Ahh, that makes sense. My old Opel gt had little metal tabs for the same purpose.
Cairo94507
Wow! I have seen a ton of 914s since they were made and I have never seen a sliding rear window modification. That actually looks pretty cleanly done too. I do think it would be cool if it had been modified like the Honda Del Sol that had the sliding window that went down behind the seats.
Shivers
Coat hooks are factory and I have used them. Handy when picking up a monkey suit for a wedding. Very cool, never seen a slider for one of these

1972 w/ coat hooks and retractable seatbelts

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
New one for me two. Probably one of a kind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.