Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber (Late) Hood springs hood sag issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L-Jet914
I recently purchased a set of 914Rubber Late hood springs for my 74 914 back in May and received them in June. The install went without a hitch and I put them on the second notch where my old ones were. The day of the install the new springs held up my hood with no issues. I went out to the garage today to open the hood and now the hood springs no longer hold the hood all the way up. The hood sags to where it used to when I had the original hood springs installed on the same notch. I will move the hooks up to the 3rd notch to see how it goes, but I was curious if anyone else have had this issue with their new 914Rubber hood springs? I figured a new hood spring tension would allow me to go to the first notch, but I ended up on the second notch during the install. Thank you in advance.
Dredwin
I read somewhere the earlier model springs were shorter so I ordered those. I moved so I didn't have a chance to install them but that is what I read some folks were doing.

QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ Sep 26 2021, 07:54 PM) *

I recently purchased a set of 914Rubber Late hood springs for my 74 914 back in May and received them in June. The install went without a hitch and I put them on the second notch where my old ones were. The day of the install the new springs held up my hood with no issues. I went out to the garage today to open the hood and now the hood springs no longer hold the hood all the way up. The hood sags to where it used to when I had the original hood springs installed on the same notch. I will move the hooks up to the 3rd notch to see how it goes, but I was curious if anyone else have had this issue with their new 914Rubber hood springs? I figured a new hood spring tension would allow me to go to the first notch, but I ended up on the second notch during the install. Thank you in advance.

Mikey914
1st issue I've heard of. These are oil tempered springs so there shouldn't be much variation in this short of time.

Again, we stand behind our products and as we mentioned in your relay issue ( that our relay was allowing more current through that was popping your fuse, we will accept returns for ANY reason. It's just usually easier if you contact us.
Ansbacher
If you are not too anal about considering something non-stock, the CAMP914 Hood Shock Kit is the way to go. No messing with those dangerous springs, no hood flutter on windy days, and no head bumping due to hood sag.

Ansbacher
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.