Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Dimples
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rick986
Can you see the horizontal line of what looks like faint door dings (along the grass line in reflection)? I think I remember seeing something like this in other 914 photos. Is this possibly from something to do with the steel reinforcing bars (impact protection) in my '75?

There are no marks in the paint that would indicate door dings (original paint) and you can only see them from the right angle. Thoughts?
mepstein
I don’t think it’s factory. It’s easy to ding a door and not break or damage the paint.
Usually it’s parking lot, shopping cart or stuff lined up inside the garage.
Jamie
QUOTE(Rick986 @ Sep 27 2021, 02:14 PM) *

Can you see the horizontal line of what looks like faint door dings (along the grass line in reflection)? I think I remember seeing something like this in other 914 photos. Is this possibly from something to do with the steel reinforcing bars (impact protection) in my '75?

There are no marks in the paint that would indicate door dings (original paint) and you can only see them from the right angle. Thoughts?

Look like door dings to me, and my virgin Delphi Green door acquired such a ding this past weekend at Okteenerfest, dang it! ar15.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Jamie @ Sep 27 2021, 07:53 PM) *

Look like door dings to me, and my virgin Delphi Green door acquired such a ding this past weekend at Okteenerfest, dang it! ar15.gif

A good pdr guy will make them disappear.
bkrantz
Door dings from stupid people.

The reinforcing beams do not touch the outer door skin.
Chris914n6
Common door dings. And all being the same height means it's all from the same door.
Cairo94507
Yup, dings and probably from the car that parked next to it in the driveway or garage every night. Either that from the idiot who parked next to them at work. Dent doctor please.
Rick986
"PDR" guy?

[b]
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 27 2021, 06:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Jamie @ Sep 27 2021, 07:53 PM) *

A good pdr guy will make them disappear.

mihai914
QUOTE(Rick986 @ Sep 28 2021, 10:00 AM) *

"PDR" guy?

Paintless dent removal.
barefoot
Looks like there may have been a door protection stripe on there previously
drem914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 28 2021, 05:37 AM) *

Yup, dings and probably from the car that parked next to it in the driveway or garage every night.

I can almost guarantee it, but likely the car had a cover on it which accounts for the paint not chipping. Don't ask me how I know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.