Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this body piece...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rick986
These hard plastic pieces on both driver & passenger side are lifting out. They can't be pushed back down with my thumb and I'm wondering if I'll crack them or damage the panels by gently tapping them in.

What's the technical name for this piece and will I cause damage by giving them a tap?

Perhaps it's my imagination, but they appear to have lifted more since I received and have been driving the car. Body/panel flex from too much speed in the twisties??? (we have some great roads around here!)

Thanks guys!
914Sixer
914Rubber has your new ones.
9one4tay
Fender Cowl seal
mepstein
914rubber has replacements

I would be careful forcing it in. You don’t want to crack the paint. Very few things on a Porsche actually need to be forced into place. I would rather file or sand down the seals a bit until it’s a press fit by hand. They are a cosmetic item so don’t sweat it.
mmichalik
Also, those channels collect a lot of dirt and debris. Clean them out before you put the replacements in.
My car didn't have a whole lot of rust on it but, it did have it there.
9146C
The 914Rubber pieces come longer than required (excess material).

Not knowing "how" to install them, I notched the bottom side on one end so I could install vice grips and pull it through from one end using plenty of silicone lube. No problem doing that

I pulled it through from the door toward the trunk on both sides. A very quick installation.
Rick986
Thanks everybody!
Thunderchief
I left mine off when I did my repaint. I like it better without
bkrantz
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Sep 29 2021, 12:34 PM) *

Also, those channels collect a lot of dirt and debris. Clean them out before you put the replacements in.
My car didn't have a whole lot of rust on it but, it did have it there.

During my restoration, I made some drain holes in the bottom of the channels.
second wind
Leave them out in the sun for couple of weeks as they shrink. Once shrunken down a bit THEN cut them to size....maybe a tad long. new ones look great!
gg
windforfun
Those things are rust makers.

shades.gif
windforfun
QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Sep 29 2021, 04:54 PM) *

I left mine off when I did my repaint. I like it better without

Copy that.
Mikey914
We made the new ones from rubber not PVC. It will be a simple install with some soapy water. Can also be easily removed and reinstalled if you want to blow out the track every so often.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.