Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual horn question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Rooster
My 73 2.0 has dual horns and one of them doesn't work. Before I replace it does anybody know if they have different tones? Anything else I should know?
914werke
They do, look on the back they should be embossed either 350 or 400 hz
seanpaulmc
QUOTE(Sea Rooster @ Oct 1 2021, 04:11 PM) *

My 73 2.0 has dual horns and one of them doesn't work. Before I replace it does anybody know if they have different tones? Anything else I should know?

I've read on here they are repairable.
Don't remember who's thread but l hope someone knows the link and will post it.

roblav1
I've tsken these apart on early 911's and got them to work. If I recall correctly, there's a screw in there that adjusts the frequency.
rhodyguy
Test the seemingly dead one, by itself, with a 12V supply. When they both work, it's pretty loud.
914werke
QUOTE(seanpaulmc @ Oct 1 2021, 01:51 PM) *
QUOTE(Sea Rooster @ Oct 1 2021, 04:11 PM) *
I've read on here they are repairable.
Ive repaired a bunch of them, it can be fairly simple or extremely frustrating. happy11.gif
bperry
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 1 2021, 03:47 PM) *

They do, look on the back they should be embossed either 350 or 400 mhz

You mean Hz as mHz is way WAY above human hearing which for most people ends about 20 kHz.

--- bill
IronHillRestorations
We just went through a horn that didn't work. There's contact points inside the horn that get corroded. There are magnet coils in there too that could get corroded, which could make it useless.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.