Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel tank sending unit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Just got a new sending unit. There is a label on the outside of it in German and English saying remove safety pin before installation. Can someone tell me where is this "safety pin" located? Thanks.
EJP914
lesorubcheek
It's under that label. Just keeps the inner float from bouncing around during transit.
Click to view attachment

Dan
EJP914
QUOTE(lesorubcheek @ Oct 1 2021, 01:47 PM) *

It's under that label. Just keeps the inner float from bouncing around during transit.
Click to view attachment

Dan

Never thought to look there. You just pull this pin straight out and that's it? If so, I feel dumb! Thanks
lesorubcheek
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Oct 1 2021, 04:09 PM) *

Never thought to look there. You just pull this pin straight out and that's it? If so, I feel dumb! Thanks

Don't feel dumb.... yep, just lift it out. It's not very long. Your timing for asking this was perfect. I just dug this one out yesterday to test a gauge so it was very handy to take a pic.

Dan
EJP914
QUOTE(lesorubcheek @ Oct 1 2021, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(EJP914 @ Oct 1 2021, 04:09 PM) *

Don't feel dumb.... yep, just lift it out. It's not very long. Your timing for asking this was perfect. I just dug this one out yesterday to test a gauge so it was very handy to take a pic.

Dan

Got it. Thanks for the help
Ed
lesorubcheek
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Oct 1 2021, 04:19 PM) *

Got it. Thanks for the help
Ed

You're very welcome Ed. I'd guess either alcohol or acetone would clean off the adhesive left under the label. This one is pretty gummy. Carb cleaner may work good too.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.