Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front windshield seal installation SOLVED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Medtner3
Edit: This is a PITA I used various tools but the one that worked best was soap plus large flathead screwdriver

and the runs are very scratched, some are fresh from using the screwdriver which is why I hated even trying it but

how to get rid of fine scratches now?

SOLVED How the heck do you get the new rubber seal to slide into the chrome trim pieces? Is there a secret or a trick to this? I can only get mine in about two inches on the driver's side and 1/2 on the passenger side? Soap and water? vaseline?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Oct 1 2021, 05:38 PM) *

How the heck do you get the new rubber seal to slide into the chrome trim pieces? Is there a secret or a trick to this? I can only get mine in about two inches on the driver's side and 1/2 on the passenger side? Soap and water? vaseline?

@Medtner3 - Are you talking about the Main Targa Seal? If so, I did a write-up on my build thread. Follow this link to my thread, post #851 about halfway down. > Link here
bkrantz
Like Enrique and most others, I found it impossible to slide the A-pillar seals into the tracks, but fairly easy to place the inner edge into the track and then massage the outer edge into the track, from top to bottom.
iankarr
They don’t slide. Even though they look like they should. The back side of the seal goes in the channel and you push the front side in, bit by bit using liquid soap as lube.
Mikey914
For the most part you don't want to slide as rubber has memory and after you cut it it will return to the unsurpassed state. Expansion and contraction as well as vibration will see to that.

This might be helpful too

https://914rubber-tk.com/doku.php
Medtner3
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 1 2021, 08:16 PM) *

How the heck do you get the new rubber seal to slide into the chrome trim pieces? Is there a secret or a trick to this? I can only get mine in about two inches on the driver's side and 1/2 on the passenger side? Soap and water? vaseline?

@Medtner3 - Are you talking about the Main Targa Seal? If so, I did a write-up on my build thread. Follow this link to my thread, post #851 about halfway down. > Link here

Thank you great post!
Medtner3
QUOTE(iankarr @ Oct 1 2021, 09:10 PM) *

The don’t slide. Even though they look like the should. The back side of the seal goes in the channel and you push the front side in, bit by bit using liquid soap as lube.

Okay should have figured that out lol thanks, Ian!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
open the pinches in the track and lubricate the track and seal with silicone GREASE and slide down the track

RiqueMar
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Oct 2 2021, 07:17 AM) *

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 1 2021, 08:16 PM) *

Thank you great post!

Happy to help! bye1.gif
Medtner3
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 2 2021, 09:40 AM) *

open the pinches in the track and lubricate the track and seal with silicone GREASE and slide down the track

Thank you George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.