Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper delay/3rd speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Unless I'm wrong again, didn't the 75-76 have a wiper delay, and relay that mounted on the DS cowl brace?
If so, is there a diagram to get it wired back up, since my X mechanic messed that up also.
I'm not so sure I don't have a aftermarket switch with no down position for it currently.
914Sixer
All SWF wiper switches had 3rd position. 3rd position is obtained by breaking off plastic tang. HOWEVER the switch HAS to have 5 wire pins to make intermittent wiper work. IF you use the 6 wire switch you can have both intermittent and electric pump.

Intermittent wipers were not standard. They had to be ordered. You can update at any time. Check Classic Threads for information on wiring.
partwerks
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 3 2021, 04:30 AM) *

All SWF wiper switches had 3rd position. 3rd position is obtained by breaking off plastic tang. HOWEVER the switch HAS to have 5 wire pins to make intermittent wiper work. IF you use the 6 wire switch you can have both intermittent and electric pump.

Intermittent wipers were not standard. They had to be ordered. You can update at any time. Check Classic Threads for information on wiring.

Where is this "Classic Threads" located at?

What is the acronym for SWF wiper switch?

What area is the plastic tang?
914Sixer
SWF is the manufacturer. Here is a copy of wiring diagram, click to open. Tang is on turnsignal switch.
bbrock
Jeff Bowlsby has this instruction doc on his site that gave me all the info I needed to add intermittent wipers to my car. You need a harness to plug the relay into the existing harness. I believe Jeff sells those as well.
partwerks
I have five wires that are coming out of the part that the relay plugs into that used to be hooked up.
Red, Brown, Green, Blue, and I think Black.

The brown wire has one of those piggy back ends on it. Looks like the Red one may have, but looks like it may have broken off?
partwerks
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 3 2021, 04:30 AM) *

What's the tang you are referring to, and the five pin?
914Sixer
The tang is clearly shown in turn signal switch picture. 5 pins are on the wiper switch .
Jett
Very cool… going to add this to our 75 smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.