A few questions

1. in the haynes electrical diagrams of my 1970 914-4 there are USA and except USA versions. It seems like my 914 is USA but how can i confirm that? I dont know much about the history of my car. One thing that makes me think i have USA is there is a pin 1 wire that goes to a buzzer but the except USA diagram doesn't show any pin 1

2. To get slack in replacing my ignition switch i disassembled a plastic connector under the dash to the right of steering column. Wires went everywhere and i spent hours with the haynes wiring diagram trying to get male-female connectors reconnected properly.

question A. the new switch at terminal 50 has a suppler-installed white and red wire which is an odd ball color and also is a but thinner wire than i would have expected. I am 99% sure this wire was red and black in the original porsche wiring, so i am going with that and connecting the red/white to the black and red heading down the steering column. This black and red wire goes the the plastic connector i spoke of above, and it appears that it should join to a heavy yellow wire on the downstream side of the plastic connector. Can you confirm this color switch is correct? Is it common to have wires changing colors at certain connectors/waypoints in a 914? it has me a little freaked out.

2. After re-connecting about 10 of the male and female wires in this plastic connector, I see that they align correctly except for there is an extra downstream ("female") wire that is yellow and red. And another that is solid brown. As far as I can see, There is no male counterpart upstream coming from the steering column for these. So where is that red/yellow wire male side wire? it seems important as it heads to 27/combination relay. Also there is an unexplained brown wire with white rectangular dots (not stripe) coming from the general area of steering column to the plastic connecter but has no where to go except possibly to a brown solid female wire that also has no home. Should I connect solid brown solid female wire to the brown wire that has rectangular white dots ? Any thoughts on the 'missing' yellow red wire? I am not getting answers looking at wiring diagram.