Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aux. Heater Blower Power-1975 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ballsyfacts914
Hi All,

I haven't posted in awhile, after having some work done on the 914, I have been enjoying the heck out of the good weather driving around.

I also have been make other small adjustments and finding the parts that have been missing...like the auxiliary heater blower.

I installed my nice used heater blower and it wouldn't turn on. After double checking my connections and that everything was in the right place, I tested the wires from the harness and there was no power.

I will admit now that electrical work is my weak point so I am still learning.

I deep-dived and found a few things amiss, see photos below. The first is of the relay board, I know several of the circular plug in relays(?) are missing. There is also a rogue yellow wire connected to a rogue blue wire, haven't seen anything that tells me why that was done. The second photo is of the harness and everything looks close but I think a few things may be wrong, namely wire colors not matching.

The other thing, the wires that I used to hook into the blower split off from the main harness and don't seem to be connected to the relay board.

I would love any advice on what I need part wise, if I should replace anything, and/or what I need to redo wire wise.

The second photo will be posted, it was too big to add here.

Thanks in advance, really appreciate this community!

Click to view attachment
ballsyfacts914
Harness photo.Click to view attachment
bzettner
Without my Haynes book in front of me, I'm not sure which relay it is, but one of them is for the heater IIRC. One is for the rear window defogger/de-icer, IIRC.

Click to view attachment

Others will chime in. Do you have an extra relay(s) to plug in one or both of the empty locations and try?
ballsyfacts914
QUOTE(bzettner @ Oct 3 2021, 05:38 PM) *

Without my Haynes book in front of me, I'm not sure which relay it is, but one of them is for the heater IIRC. One is for the rear window defogger/de-icer, IIRC.

Click to view attachment

Others will chime in. Do you have an extra relay(s) to plug in one or both of the empty locations and try?

I do not but I am going to find some now!

Thank you!
bzettner
Is your car fuel injected still? One of your missing relays has to do with FI. The rear most receptacle is for the heater.
ballsyfacts914
QUOTE(bzettner @ Oct 3 2021, 06:27 PM) *

Is your car fuel injected still? One of your missing relays has to do with FI. The rear most receptacle is for the heater.

Nope, when the OW rebuilt the engine, they installed carbs.
NARP74
According to this, your car should not even run.
https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Elect_RegulatorPlate.jpg
ballsyfacts914
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Oct 3 2021, 07:03 PM) *

According to this, your car should not even run.
https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Elect_RegulatorPlate.jpg

lol-2.gif Of course it shouldn't!

Totally does though, appreciate the diagram, thank you
ballsyfacts914
Hi All-new relays arrived, put one in and the heater blower works!

NARP74 included a diagram, would appreciate any additional comments/recommendations.

Now onto all the other heater parts missing from the car.

Thanks again!
NARP74
Take a look behind your speaker covers in the corners. When I pulled mine to blow dust out, I saw gaping holes in the tubes going into the front trunk. heat was not making it where it was supposed to go. Good luck and keep posting. My front blower does not work so that is on my list.

Actually everything is on my list!
ballsyfacts914
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Oct 8 2021, 05:47 PM) *

Take a look behind your speaker covers in the corners. When I pulled mine to blow dust out, I saw gaping holes in the tubes going into the front trunk. heat was not making it where it was supposed to go. Good luck and keep posting. My front blower does not work so that is on my list.

Actually everything is on my list!

Will do and appreciate the info. I have a new front air blower to put in, old still works though so I may not touch unless I have to. Thanks for the speaker tip too.

I have slowly but surely learned everything is on the list too.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.