Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excess fuel in crankcase 914 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
68gator
The car ran fine all summer. Just recently car started running real rich, plugs were horribly fouled, and when checking oil found lots of fuel in crankcase. Fuel regulator problem? The cold start valve has been inop since I have had the car (15 years), just lived without it. Thoughts please..
Dustin
Leaking injector?
brant
I agree....most likely a leaking injector
or now leaking CSV
68gator
When I checked the plugs to try and isolate one cylinder, all four plugs are really fouled, so it seams like it is more than just coming from one injector. There is lots of fuel in the crankcase, the oil level on the dipstick rises noticeably. I changed out the oil, and only drive it 2-3 miles, running rich, and I can see the oil level is higher each time.
jcd914
Bad air flow meter?
The air flap gets bent and drags so it can hang up and add more fuel than needed.

But also the fuel pressure regulator can leak and dump fuel into the intake through the vacuum line.

Jim
wonkipop
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Oct 5 2021, 04:12 PM) *

Bad air flow meter?
The air flap gets bent and drags so it can hang up and add more fuel than needed.

But also the fuel pressure regulator can leak and dump fuel into the intake through the vacuum line.

Jim

that sounds like a very good tip re fuel pressure regulator.
simple as disconnecting the vacuum hose to see if anything is coming out.
68gator
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Oct 5 2021, 05:13 PM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Oct 5 2021, 04:12 PM) *

Bad air flow meter?

Jim

that sounds like a very good tip re fuel pressure regulator.
simple as disconnecting the vacuum hose to see if anything is coming out.

Thanks, I will check the flap so see if it moving freely.
TheCabinetmaker
Does the 1.8 have a cold start valve?
L-Jet914
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Oct 5 2021, 06:36 PM) *

Does the 1.8 have a cold start valve?

Yes the 1.8's have a cold start valve. I don't think mine has ever run in a while because it's never cold enough when I drive the car haha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.