Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Month of Manufacture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
R25A
Hi Folks,

I have just purchased my first 914. I am in the process of shipping it back to the UK from The US. In order for me to register the car correctly I need the month of manufacture.
The vehicle VIN number is 4732918190 and it on a 1973 1.7 (Modified)
I am hoping someone out there can assist.

Thank you
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(R25A @ Oct 8 2021, 09:45 AM) *

Hi Folks,

I have just purchased my first 914. I am in the process of shipping it back to the UK from The US. In order for me to register the car correctly I need the month of manufacture.

Thank you

The month/year is on the USA safety compliance label with the VIN on the driver side door jamb.
SirAndy
Hi Folks,

@R25A

03/73

That's according to one of the previous owners:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;viewid=20509
bye1.gif
73-914
mine was built on 3/29 vin 4732918077
R25A

Thank you very much guys. I can now apply for the correct number plate.
SirAndy
QUOTE(R25A @ Oct 8 2021, 11:27 PM) *

driving.gif
eric9144

I just got the door jamb stickers from Car-bone, they were pretty quick and the quality is excellent! They aren't listed on the site, but if you email them they'll get it all sorted and set up, they even provide a 'how its going to look' picture of them before they print and ship them.
www.car-bone.pl
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 11 2021, 11:53 AM) *

I just got the door jamb stickers from Car-bone, they were pretty quick and the quality is excellent! They aren't listed on the site, but if you email them they'll get it all sorted and set up, they even provide a 'how its going to look' picture of them before they print and ship them.
www.car-bone.pl

They are not listed on the webpage. How do you order them?

Clay
Shivers
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 11 2021, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 11 2021, 11:53 AM) *

www.car-bone.pl

They are not listed on the webpage. How do you order them?

Clay

" They aren't listed on the site, but if you email them they'll get it all sorted and set up, they even provide a 'how its going to look' picture of them before they print and ship them.
www.car-bone.pl " smile.gif
eric9144
@ClayPerrine

This is what they emailed me--my guess is there's some reason they're not listed on the main site, but they were very responsive once I started the process:

Hello Eric

We can make sticker like this for you.

You can order directly from our webshop. Please add this product to your bucket, finish checkout and payment - we will care about the rest!
https://car-bone.pl/shop/custom-product-2/

Below summary - there is a possibility to choose payment option- 1-st option default is bank transfer, 2-nd is credit card, 3-rd is paypal - choose the best for you!

After you finish payment, we will prepare a preview of your sticker look, when you accept it - we will print it!

In case of questions - feel free to ask me!

Pozdrawiam / Best Regards,

Marcin Srebrzynski
Customer Advisor
e-mail: office@car-bone.pl
Office: +48 429 422 115

Car Bone. Cool stuff for Porsche enthusiasts.
Obywatelska 108
94104 Lodz, Poland

www.car-bone.pl
www.instagram.com/carboneliveries
ClayPerrine
Thanks for the info....

Clay

QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 13 2021, 04:14 PM) *

@ClayPerrine

This is what they emailed me--my guess is there's some reason they're not listed on the main site, but they were very responsive once I started the process:

Hello Eric

We can make sticker like this for you.

You can order directly from our webshop. Please add this product to your bucket, finish checkout and payment - we will care about the rest!
https://car-bone.pl/shop/custom-product-2/

Below summary - there is a possibility to choose payment option- 1-st option default is bank transfer, 2-nd is credit card, 3-rd is paypal - choose the best for you!

After you finish payment, we will prepare a preview of your sticker look, when you accept it - we will print it!

In case of questions - feel free to ask me!

Pozdrawiam / Best Regards,

Marcin Srebrzynski
Customer Advisor
e-mail: office@car-bone.pl
Office: +48 429 422 115

Car Bone. Cool stuff for Porsche enthusiasts.
Obywatelska 108
94104 Lodz, Poland

www.car-bone.pl
www.instagram.com/carboneliveries

StarBear
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 8 2021, 11:53 AM) *

Hi Folks,

Thank you

The month/year is on the USA safety compliance label with the VIN on the driver side door jamb.

There may be two different dates. My 74 has an 11/73 month on the door jamb but its COA has a March 74 date, which is consistent with the running VIN date. PNA told me that the door jamb date is the date Karmann completed the body. Given their inconsistency I don’t know that I trust it completely but that’s what they told me.
davep
StarBear, the 11/73 date for your car is correct, that is when the car was completed. The CoA date is almost always the invoice date or possibly the date of sale. I would have expected an invoice date a month after completion, so March is likely date of sale. The majority of the 74 LE cars were 5000 or 6000 higher VIN's and produced in Feb and March.
StarBear
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 12 2021, 11:06 PM) *

StarBear, the 11/73 date for your car is correct, that is when the car was completed. The CoA date is almost always the invoice date or possibly the date of sale. I would have expected an invoice date a month after completion, so March is likely date of sale. The majority of the 74 LE cars were 5000 or 6000 higher VIN's and produced in Feb and March.

@wonkipop My VIN is 4742909760, purchased in 5/74. Your build date is 1/74 but thought (?) your VIN was lower. If higher, then suspect 11/73 would be more in alignment. If lower, then something's wonky (pun intended). blink.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.