Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tsvo
Hello, I am hoping someone can save me some time. I think this tube/hose fell off my car today. Didn't affect the drive or running. Looks to me like it's probably part of the heating. I have not looked under the car at all yet.

Can anyone help me identify it?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,
Terry
IronHillRestorations
Doesn't look like anything to me biggrin.gif (no pic)
914Sixer
It's SURE is stealthy.
tsvo
QUOTE(tsvo @ Oct 9 2021, 01:10 PM) *

Hello, I am hoping someone can save me some time. I think this tube/hose fell off my car today. Didn't affect the drive or running. Looks to me like it's probably part of the heating. I have not looked under the car at all yet.

Can anyone help me identify it?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,
Terry

Dustin
It's part of the heater system. From heat exchangers to blower motor. I think.
tsvo
That is what I was thinking. Thank you for the response. I just haven't looked under the car yet.

QUOTE(Dustin @ Oct 9 2021, 01:28 PM) *

biggrin.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(Dustin @ Oct 9 2021, 10:28 AM) *

agree.gif that

it normally connects to the forward outside edge of the heat exchanger and runs up through your engine tin. that little tab normally is perpendicular to the pipe and bolts to the tin.

If you look in your engine bay you will notice a big empty hole that this part used to reside in. Not a critical part though.

I mean unless you want a fully functioning heating system.
tsvo
Thank you for the detailed response. I'm not to worried about the heat. I want it to work, but I don't drive it in bad weather. I will fix it, just probably not today.

QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 9 2021, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Dustin @ Oct 9 2021, 10:28 AM) *

agree.gif that

it normally connects to the forward outside edge of the heat exchanger and runs up through your engine tin. that little tab normally is perpendicular to the pipe and bolts to the tin.

If you look in your engine bay you will notice a big empty hole that this part used to reside in. Not a critical part though.

I mean unless you want a fully functioning heating system.

biggrin.gif
914werke
Commonly known as a J tube
rhodyguy
Broken tabs. The fasteners are prob still in the Heat exchanger and engine shelve. There are L&R versions. Serviceable used ones don't cost much. Get one and cap it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.