Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Wonder if a guy could make this go down further into the tank?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnk-gpa-4

What is currently in there. Only problem is, it don't go down all the way from what I'm told, and so when it is about 3/16 of a tank, it thinks it is empty, when there is actually some gas still in there.
Could a person could get it closer to the bottom? I haven't seen it out of the tank, but does it look like those hoses could be lengthened so it would drop down in the tank further??

rfinegan
From the pic, it looks like 1/4 fuel line with clamps on both the inlet and return. This should not be a a problem . There seem to be extra length on the electrical connection too.. I say go for it.
willieg
I put the GPA2 in-tank fuel pump in a 914 fuel tank. I cut the hole directly over the 914 tank baffle and slip in the fuel pump so the bottom of the fuel pump rests in the baffle. Very slick. Check out Tygaboys installation also.

I don’t think I had to add any length to the hoses.
partwerks
QUOTE(willieg @ Oct 10 2021, 06:30 AM) *

I put the GPA2 in-tank fuel pump in a 914 fuel tank. I cut the hole directly over the 914 tank baffle and slip in the fuel pump so the bottom of the fuel pump rests in the baffle. Very slick. Check out Tygaboys installation also.

I don’t think I had to add any length to the hoses.

Click to view attachment
partwerks
That's where mine is plunked in at. It's not over the baffle. I'm not sure what that tray under it is, but I don't think it can be extended down further?
In the footnotes, it sounds like it is made for tanks that have factory reservoir trays?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnk-gpa-4
Click to view attachment
partwerks
I never put it in, and haven't seen it other than through the fill hole, but I'm wondering since it looks like it is not over 1/2 the distance of the pump, over the fill hole, if:
1. I could remove that tray under the pump? Not sure what it's purpose is?
2. Could jog those lines over enough to where I could sit that pump down in the baffle where it probably should have been in the first place?
3. Would that be a special fuel line hose it uses?

They way it is now, when I get to 3/16 of a tank, you better be putting in some gas, or get used to pushing.

Or would I be able to fool the gas tank float, so that when it is about 3/16, it thinks it is on E? Might be hard to figure out what that point is, exactly.
partwerks
I took it out, and the X mechanic, should have put more thought into it. Looks like he took an air file with an extension, with a cut off wheel and whacked off the majority of that baffle, so that rectangular tray would fit over it. Left the sharp burrs and everything.

Looks like if a person could just make another smaller top with the fittings, and move it over the bucket, it would drop straight down in there.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.