Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbs for a six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shivers
I have a friend with the greatest tool collection. Bet you can tell from this pic why they are always clean. God bless him, he thought he had carbs for my future six. Wall Art? Manifold is for a slant six, they're 45 DCOE9 , could not find them on google, must be racing version of the 45 DCOE. No chokes. Any info on these would be great. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I sold a couple pairs of similar carbs that came from a big parts purchase. I think they were getting used on 2002 BMW’s but and maybe some sprint race cars but that’s just what I saw on the internet.
gandalf_025
Might be worth cleaning up and putting on e-Bay.??

Click to view attachment
windforfun
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 11 2021, 01:26 PM) *

I sold a couple pairs of similar carbs that came from a big parts purchase. I think they were getting used on 2002 BMW’s but and maybe some sprint race cars but that’s just what I saw on the internet.

Those are beautiful Webers. I gave a set of new Dellatos (sp?) to a friend years back.
They were targeted for a JH with a Lotus motor. The guy I got them from said they were too small for this motor. BTW, the 2002 was a really fine car, as was the 320i. IMHO. My tools always get cleaned before getting stored. My work is too sporadic I guess.
Shivers
Maybe I should put these up for sale, they are Italian. Probably look great under the hood of an old Dart. My friend bought a shop from the family of an old race car builder, these were there in the shop.

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Arent they found (a pair) on 190 SL's ?
gandalf_025
A lot of aftermarket uses..
MG’s Triumph, Datsun….
Even Corvair Turbo’s

Click to view attachment
Shivers
Click to view attachment

Australian Chrysler smile.gif
PanelBilly
They’ll fit. You just need the adapter.
Sway Bar
I think that's not an S...Those are DCOE's series 9.

DCOE's are side draft carbs that with various manifolds can go on a wide assortment of engines as individuals or in multiples.

In standard format the 45 Series 9 were use on the Aston Martin DB4 Vantage GT and Masseratti 3500GT Sepeciale....also on a bunch of Alfa's and the DB5 as well

Somebody will want those.

I'm only just figuring these out since I'm helping a buddy with his 40 DCOE's on this Alfa Duetto. They are pretty cool and have a starting circuit built in

Cheers,

Marlon
Shivers
QUOTE(Sway Bar @ Oct 11 2021, 07:23 PM) *

I think that's not an S...Those are DCOE's series 9.

DCOE's are side draft carbs that with various manifolds can go on a wide assortment of engines as individuals or in multiples.

In standard format the 45 Series 9 were use on the Aston Martin DB4 Vantage GT and Masseratti 3500GT Sepeciale....also on a bunch of Alfa's and the DB5 as well

Somebody will want those.

I'm only just figuring these out since I'm helping a buddy with his 40 DCOE's on this Alfa Duetto. They are pretty cool and have a starting circuit built in

Cheers,

Marlon

@Sway Bar

You are right, checked one of the others. Great info, thanks very much.
wonkipop
QUOTE(Shivers @ Oct 11 2021, 06:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

hey charger.

carbs in situ V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqkkksavP4
Shivers
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Oct 12 2021, 12:02 AM) *

Click to view attachment

hey charger.

carbs in situ V

Wow, a Valiant Charger...Very cool. I had a 62' Valiant /6. it was 17 years old and ran like a new car.
Shivers
Dang, set of three, need to be rebuilt, missing parts for 1200 pounds (1629.11)

https://classicperformance-parts.com/produc...ors-triple-set/

Wall art my butt, more like funding for 914 parts.
gereed75
Big in the Datsun Z car world I think?!?
wonkipop
QUOTE(Shivers @ Oct 12 2021, 05:07 AM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Oct 12 2021, 12:02 AM) *

Click to view attachment

hey charger.

carbs in situ V

Wow, a Valiant Charger...Very cool. I had a 62' Valiant /6. it was 17 years old and ran like a new car.

a whole world of cool oz valiants pre the aus charger.
called valiant pacers.
basically reworked dodge darts by chrysler australia.
aus charger was styled in the USA and the design sent out here.
much smaller lighter car than usa chargers and other mopar stuff.
the earlier "valoes" didn't get the triple carb set up like the charger.

Shivers
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

My Valiant was a left over from the 50's. This is not mine but same year and a good representation. My house burnt down so no pic's
Shivers
Click to view attachment

This is a Valiant? I want one
930cabman
Very cool find, I would vote for a minor cleaning and slant six Mopar, or Ferrari or wall art.

A real piece of history
wonkipop
QUOTE(Shivers @ Oct 13 2021, 06:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment

This is a Valiant? I want one

it is, its a hard top. VH series on. 71-78 (with facelifts along the way).

the cars were styled in the USA at chrysler specifically for australia.
manufactured in aus with engineering input from chrysler aus.

hard top two doors were a grand-dad's version of the charger - for the older bloke (kitted out luxury). the one in your attached photo is not as they originally were but tastefully modified. image attached of what most of them were like when new when i was a kid.

aus charger is a cult car. regular run of the mill sedans (attached for your interest the bog standard sedan they were all based on) are rare survivors. i have not seen one in the flesh for a long time. i do see chargers around from time to time. the design has aged well, the still look fantastic.

valiant also did a ute down here. it was called the wayfarer. basically a dodge dart ute.

that valiant you had @Shivers is the first series that chrysler sold here. but only in 4 door version. we never got the two door. its a much sweeter looking car as a 2 door.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Shivers
Very cool, thanks. @wonkipop
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.