Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything New (almost), Now What? Fuel Issue?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
torakki
I've been sorting out a rough running engine for a while. I've changed CHT sensor, Points, plugs, wires, new MPS (correct part number), dizzy cap. Swapped coils, different ignition wires, compression checks, timming, point gap. Never ran right. I recently, got the new plugs and ign. wires, ran better, discovered two vacuum lines in the wrong places and had it running, "very" good. I was so happy. I let it sit for 1.5 hours and excited to start it agin and it now runs terrible. White smoke out the exhaust, wont idle, runs vey rough. I didn't touch or change anything. I tried it 5 hours later, same thing. I thought, maybe dirt in the injectors, holding them open. Here are screen shots of the injectors. They look ok to me. What could go wrong in 90 minutes?
Thanks for any input.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
barefoot
Another vacuum line dis-connected or leaking ?? Look for the easy things first.
torakki
I just did a search for any vacuum lines disconnected. Also, distributor points and cap all correctly working. Nothing seemed wrong. Started tracing wires and I did find one wire was either off or fell off while I was tracing them. It goes to the thermo switch. It's hard to see so I reacched down and touched the connector and it disentigrated. Now, I'm researching what it exactly does. from what I can tell, it only works at very cold temps like in the low 30's F. It keeps the cold start valve open for so many seconds when cold. It's close to 70 in my garage so don't see how that could be it, but??? I'll order the switch but keep researching. Thanks for the response.
Rand
Rough running... like a miss, or a lope or? Steady low idle, or surging? If you go down the line and pull one plug wire off / on at a time, does one make a difference?

Do you know how to check timing? Valves?

EDIT:
Red flag: Shows low knowledge level, but also shows pics of injectors spraying.

Yea, dirt in the injectors....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.