Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 70-72 Porthole Rear Valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I know the difference is only in where the hole is. Got this valance on the way. What is the approximate distance from the right brace to the edge of the hole for a -6? Click to open
914Sixer
2nd shot. Click to open wide view
Montreal914
Unfortunately I don't have any information to provide. sad.gif

But I would also be interested in knowing these dimensions for a 6. I have a FB rear valence that I will eventually port. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Thinking this is a -6 valance because of the CURVED straps that are very similar to the -6 hot dog muffler. May Glenn Stazak will chime in.

@gms
rgalla9146
I think it's a early four.
The 6 hole is much closer to the corner
Montreal914
Humm... It's difficult to say.

These are from a /6. The port seems to be closer to the corner than the one you are showing, then again maybe not. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And this is a /4

Click to view attachment

edit: Same as rgalla9146's comment. Six seems to be closer to the corner. Nice valance BTW!

One things is sure, with the valance being curved, the hole isn't round. It would be nice to be able to have the pattern and a relation to the closest mounting point. beerchug.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 13 2021, 10:49 PM) *

Humm... It's difficult to say.

These are from a /6. The port seems to be closer to the corner than the one you are showing, then again maybe not. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And this is a /4

Click to view attachment

edit: Same as rgalla9146's comment. Six seems to be closer to the corner.

Do you own the yellow 6 ?
Montreal914
That would be very nice! lol-2.gif

But no... dry.gif

This is the current state of my 914. headbang.gif

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
That is definitely a 4-cylinder car rear valance. Still worth money either way. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Yeah it sure looks like a -4 with the pictures of the -6 valance.
gms
I recently moved, it will take a little time to find my valances but I will post when I find them
gms

the 914-4 has a hole place 7" from the mounting hole (center to center)
Click to view attachment

the 914-6 has a hole place 3" from the mounting hole (center to center)
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Thanks a million Glenn. That should be noted some where in odds and ends information. Makes it pretty simple . smilie_pokal.gif
HansJan
It would be really great if the suppliers for new valances could indicate (On the inside) where the cut-outs should be. One for a six and another one for the 4 cylinders. It would just be a few light circles in the plastic mold, but a great help for all of us.

It took me a long time to make a mess of mine.

Obviously I'm not a mold-maker and are not considering the impact it would have on the profit margins. But for us customers it would be really helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.