Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Northeast restoration shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Who is still doing body restoration up in the northeast?
74ravenna
These folks are in South Hampton NH, just a few miles north of Amesbury and an easy drive up Rte 95.
I haven't had them do any work so I can't advise as to the quality of their work.....sorry. I have spoken with the owner and he has a Tech that was a prior 914 owner.

http://www.sublimerestorations.com/location.html

There is also https://www.raredrive.com/ in East Kingston NH. I have no affiiiiation.
They appear to be quite "high end" or a concourse level shop.

In Lawrence there is https://kmcauto.com/services/fabrication-parts/

They seemed to be a little less geared to restorations than they used to be based on their website but I could be wrong.

Good luck with the search.
Steve

ChrisFoley
I think KMC bought a -6 shift linkage kit from me earlier this year.
gms
Mark Allen (Rare Drive) has done some amazing 914 restorations
live free & drive
I've been to Sublime a couple of times before they moved - my impression was that they do very good work. They were repainting some sculptures from MOMA at the time... They had wrecked/rusted Dino up on a Celette bench which the front right side was getting replaced back to and including the firewall - looked pretty intense. A lot of amazing cars in the shop.

They had an original 904 in for work that was really nice. They also do all the chassis work on the the late model wrecked race cars from Turner Motorsports I think they do all the fab work for Turner too.

You also might check out RMR restorations in Hollis/Brookline NH as being nearby - but I think n they mostly do hotrods and American cars.

I don't know if you ever talked to Jimmy(owner) at Phase II autobody in Westford, but he's really good too -You'd have to see if he would want to take on the project - he's worth talking to.

r_towle
RMR looks like an interesting option.
Says the do blasting and painting…

KMC looks like a must do field trip….damn!

Thanks for the leads, I hope I can find someone to prevent me from doing it again…myself.
r_towle
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Oct 14 2021, 11:31 AM) *

I've been to Sublime a couple of times before they moved - my impression was that they do very good work. They were repainting some sculptures from MOMA at the time... They had wrecked/rusted Dino up on a Celette bench which the front right side was getting replaced back to and including the firewall - looked pretty intense. A lot of amazing cars in the shop.

They had an original 904 in for work that was really nice. They also do all the chassis work on the the late model wrecked race cars from Turner Motorsports I think they do all the fab work for Turner too.

You also might check out RMR restorations in Hollis/Brookline NH as being nearby - but I think n they mostly do hotrods and American cars.

I don't know if you ever talked to Jimmy(owner) at Phase II autobody in Westford, but he's really good too -You'd have to see if he would want to take on the project - he's worth talking to.

Who are you?
mskala
KMC are cool guys, though I have not brought my 914 there.
Except for last year due to covid, they usually have an xmas
party just to look around, get some cheap food and they had
a cheap band.
Unobtanium-inc
Ray at BTO in Poughkeepsie does good work at reasonable prices. He painted my brother's Carrera and my 993. He's usually doing a Speedster or Roadster for himself and I think is building an outlaw right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.