Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paypal Shipping Wake Up Call
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Well, I got a jolt this afternoon when I tried to ship package using Paypal shipping. It seem they are OUT of providing service. The old click and ship is GONE. NEW default is ShipStation. I clicked all the buttons and unknowingly SIGNED UP. Paypal made it seen easy. Navigating thru new site it a pain in the ass. About 5 steps more than the click and ship. DID NOT know I was being charged $8.65 for a month and it was AUTO monthly billing. headbang.gif Canceled whole F*ing mess.

SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 14 2021, 07:30 PM) *
DID NOT know I was being charged $8.65 for a month and it was AUTO monthly billing. headbang.gif Canceled whole F*ing mess.

blink.gif
partwerks
And the flat rate envelope for $8.25 went up to $9.30.
The clerk told me till Christmas. So I would assume all the other stuff went up also?
Not sure where to check to see what all the current prices are?
rhodyguy
Cool biz plan. You pay for the privilege to ship whether you ship or not? I take it you opted out after realizing your error.
914Sixer
Yeah, bailed out and blocked auto pay for Shipstation. There is NO shipping from Paypal so don't click shipping.
rhodyguy
One can buy a number of generic MOs for $8.65 monthly. ALLWAYS read the fine print at the bottom of the page. PP contacts me monthly about my non-existent account that needs updating.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 15 2021, 07:46 AM) *

One can buy a number of generic MOs for $8.65 monthly. ALLWAYS read the fine print at the bottom of the page. PP contacts me monthly about my non-existent account that needs updating.

Guess I should delete that PP account I created under your name. biggrin.gif

All kidding aside, I still use PP, but only for very simple transactions. Never used any ship option or anything. Does make me a bit nervous I keep reading about issues with PP.

But what else is out there for someone like me who occasionally wants to send a few bucks for say a 914 part of something?
mepstein
I use PayPal a lot. Work for me 99.9% of the time. I’ve never used the shipping function.

As a seller, I don’t like that paypal or eBay can go into your account and pull back money in a dispute. As a buyer, I like the protection.

Big transactions I still prefer cash, face to face but that’s not always possible.
burton73
I use Stamps.com to ship a lot of stuff. You can send by USPO or UPS right from there web site. No monthly just put some money in your account and print out the postage or the UPS labels and drop it off.
Just saying it has been good for me on smaller parts

Bob B
mrholland2
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 15 2021, 07:54 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 15 2021, 07:46 AM) *

Guess I should delete that PP account I created under your name. biggrin.gif

All kidding aside, I still use PP, but only for very simple transactions. Never used any ship option or anything. Does make me a bit nervous I keep reading about issues with PP.

But what else is out there for someone like me who occasionally wants to send a few bucks for say a 914 part of something?

Venmo
partwerks
I used Zelle on time. I think the seller, and the buyer have to have registered for Zelle at their bank to use it.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(partwerks @ Oct 15 2021, 06:25 PM) *

I used Zelle on time. I think the seller, and the buyer have to have registered for Zelle at their bank to use it.

FYI / PSA

If you do not have a personal relationship (friendship) with the person receiving the payment, you should NEVER use Zelle. There is NO recourse for the BUYER regardless of circumstances (fraud) related to the transaction. If you sent the money, Zelle considers it an authorized transaction.

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
KELTY360

Zelle?
KELTY360
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 15 2021, 07:11 PM) *

Zelle?

Oops, guess I should have read all the replies before posting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.