Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 -4 build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
So after buying this slug in 2006 (yep I know), number 147 is being prepared to build as a 4…..(hard to even say that).
It was basically unrusted Arizona car if you believe speckled history. Got to me via Huntsville Alabama - Atlanta. Battery tray and support was gone but hell hole was solid. Glass blasting exposed enough bondo to sink it but doors will be replaced. New pics as things proceed …to original Adriatic blue.
Will be a 2 liter but here we go driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
sixaddict
Update : At shop and so the pain begins
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Are we doing restomod?Late doors, late seats, retractable seat belts?
sixaddict
Hey. Mark
Not sure if this is trick question or not but would like your input.
Was planning to stay with early doors ( but not the existing ones). And early belts.
Am I looking for trouble?
Have low mileage window actuators. What do you think?.???
On another issue, I am considering 911 struts (M) and 5 bolt with Fuchs.
Like the appearance and picked up some parts for a deal.
Trying to decide if I am bastardizing it too much.
Going with a late 2 liter as FYI
THANKS .
mepstein
I like early cars and the windows mechanisms work fine when they are cleaned and lubed. Go five lug if that’s your passion and lay the four lug parts aside just in case.
sixaddict
I am wrestling with how muchI like the 5 lug Fuchs ($$$)
mepstein
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Oct 18 2021, 09:34 PM) *

I am wrestling with how muchI like the 5 lug Fuchs ($$$)

The 6x15’s have gotten pricey but look great on these cars.
914Sixer
I am the restomod school of thought. I like the idea you can do what ever you want. I went with aftermarket 16x6 ($210 each). Prefer the later doors for the window set up. You might be able to get some of the rare late doors without guard beam. Early belts are ok but easy to get tangled up.
Shivers
"Trying to decide if I am bastardizing it too much"

Hahahaha, well I figure if Porsche factory installed 5 lug's, sway bars and bigger brakes, it's an upgrade. Besides, if it didn't fit, I wouldn't bolt it on. Those oil tank dimples have mocked me for years, I'm now of the mind that my 914 came from the factory missing all these parts I put on. smile.gif
sixaddict
Well put….. beerchug.gif
sixaddict
So no photo update as I am in bodyman hell right now. Nothing wrong just a time consuming process.
This morning was talking to Hagerty on a ID card issue on another car and made a comment about coverage. Once she checked I was told I am under insured. Comment was interesting though……she said even a barn find should be covered for 10k………once you can go get ice cream 20. While veracity of comment was wake up call, bumping from 5 to 15 wouldn’t even buy me lunch so no brainer.
sixaddict
Well progress has been slow due to,”life” issues for body man…..under the s happens category.
Finally moving as per attached pics.
Click to view attachment
9 more pics but too large to post.
More to follow once I get reduced.
sixaddict
Click to view attachment
sixaddict
Click to view attachment
sixaddict
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Love the BLUE, it is vibrant. Little you will get there. Sending my black 73 to paint next week.
sixaddict
Thanks……like the oranges (signal and tangerine) but really like Adriatic….
Saw a concour six in that a few years ago and it totally sold me……..but this will be my first blue one ever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.