Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fro Those Who Want A 917 Of Their Own
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott
Here is a company that will be building accurate 917 replicas here in the near future:

http://race-car-replicas.com/
URY914
I just ordered mine. wink.gif
lapuwali
Hmm. That Jaguar XJ13 kit only needs a Jag V12, which I now happen to have...plus a G50, which would cost more than my 914 all by itself.

So, pretty much anyone could source a Ford big-block for the GT40 kit, or a Chevy V8 for the Lola T70 kit. Even a generic Ferrari V12 for the P4 kit could be picked up w/o a gigantic effort. Where exactly are you supposed to get the Porsche flat-12 for the 917K kit? Hey, Mr. Polak, you have one of these lying around I could have? Perhaps you're supposed to try to make one from a pair of 911 engines?

Brando
Can I get a 917 complete with a CGT V10 in back?
neo914-6
Cheaper than Ultimas smilie_pokal.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jul 27 2005, 10:06 AM)
Hmm. That Jaguar XJ13 kit only needs a Jag V12, which I now happen to have...plus a G50, which would cost more than my 914 all by itself.

So, pretty much anyone could source a Ford big-block for the GT40 kit, or a Chevy V8 for the Lola T70 kit. Even a generic Ferrari V12 for the P4 kit could be picked up w/o a gigantic effort. Where exactly are you supposed to get the Porsche flat-12 for the 917K kit? Hey, Mr. Polak, you have one of these lying around I could have? Perhaps you're supposed to try to make one from a pair of 911 engines?

Mr Polak is dead, and left no forwarding number .......... Carl Thompson could probably fix you up, though. Hope you bank with a LARGE institution. The Cap'n
Scott
I would guess that the engine choice would be the exception to the accuracy of the car. I am sure that it will probably be set up for the 911 style engine.
Jake Raby
Maybe I'll approach them for their engines... Welding 3 TIVs together has been a big dream of mine for years!
URY914
I think I'll have them build a 3/4 scale 917 and drop a Massive T-4 in it. wink.gif

P
ClayPerrine
Jake,
I know 3 massive Type-IVs would be cool, but I think that there is a motor out there already....

user posted image

This place builds a 917 replica already. Including the engine. They brought one to Motorsports Ranch about a year ago.

user posted image

917 Replica Cars
ClayPerrine
Now if I could only figure out a way to stuff that motor in a 914...... idea.gif
URY914
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 27 2005, 11:39 AM)
Now if I could only figure out a way to stuff that motor in a 914...... idea.gif

sawzall-smiley.gif You'll have to move the firewall.

Talk to Rick about it.

Paul
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jul 27 2005, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 27 2005, 11:39 AM)

sawzall-smiley.gif You'll have to move the firewall.

Talk to Rick about it.

Paul

Actually , I was thinking of stretching the back end of a 914.
Scott
Heck just cut the firewall and relocate the seats to the front trunk.
redshift
lol

LOL TO EVERYTHING!

M
ClayPerrine
Here is a quick and dirty photochop of a 914 stretched to fit a flat 12.....

ClayPerrine
Or would that be Sir Mix-A-Lot's 914...

"I like big butts..."
URY914
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 27 2005, 12:59 PM)
Or would that be Sir Mix-A-Lot's 914...

"I like big butts..."

laugh.gif clap.gif
Scott
Well let's just say that all the weight is definatly in the center of the car!
airsix
QUOTE (Scott @ Jul 27 2005, 01:02 PM)
Well let's just say that all the weight is definatly in the center of the car!

The whole car is in the center of the car!

-Ben M.
spunone
Kind of looks like the Oscar Meyer mobile. laugh.gif
redshift
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 27 2005, 04:58 PM)
Here is a quick and dirty photochop of a 914 stretched to fit a flat 12.....

That thing has a longer ass than all the old folks in St. Pete.

M
carr914
The Dec 1990 issue of Panorama has an article on a 914 stretched 5 inches to accept a 928 engine. It was done at Precision Motion/Kravig Engineering In Riverside, CA. It was shown at the 1990 Monteray Porsche Parade. According to the article those extra 5 inches brings the wheelbase to that of a 917. Sorry I couldn't scan the article. Maybe someone else can.

T.C.
carr914
Here I've got my 2 REAL 12 cyl motors to go into Paul's & my 917 repros.

T.C.
Verruckt
Price?????

Damn I want one sooooo bad... ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.