Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 17" rota fox fuchs 7.5 and 9 x 17 wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim dorociak
does anybody have any pictures of flares on a 914 and running the rota fox lines corse Fuchs 7.5 and 9" x 17" wheels/tires - do the 9's in the rear fit? Thanks guys - I need inspiration for my upcoming project. I had a 75 sold it to my good friend and managed to buy it back. It needs finishing and a paint job, but I have always wanted metal flares so it seems now is the time to finally do it. Thank you! Jim. jdorociak@gmaill.com
jim dorociak
QUOTE(jim dorociak @ Oct 19 2021, 11:38 PM) *

does anybody have any pictures of flares on a 914 and running the rota fox lines corse Fuchs 7.5 and 9" x 17" wheels/tires - do the 9's in the rear fit? Thanks guys - I need inspiration for my upcoming project. I had a 75 sold it to my good friend and managed to buy it back. It needs finishing and a paint job, but I have always wanted metal flares so it seems now is the time to finally do it. Thank you! Jim. jdorociak@gmaill.com

Thanks for all the views of my request, then are guys running 15" and 16" Fuchs wheels instead? do the 9's fit on the rear and it looks like the tire selection and sizes available is quite limited.

Thanks guys looking forward to a quick discussion and any pictures you can provide. Jim
Steve
QUOTE(jim dorociak @ Oct 21 2021, 08:23 AM) *

Thanks for all the views of my request, then are guys running 15" and 16" Fuchs wheels instead? do the 9's fit on the rear and it looks like the tire selection and sizes available is quite limited.

Thanks guys looking forward to a quick discussion and any pictures you can provide. Jim

I'm running Fikse FM10's 8x17 in front and 9x17 in rear. No problems with GT flairs.
When I bought it, it had 235 up front and 255 in the rear racing tires.
Shivers
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 21 2021, 08:29 AM) *

QUOTE(jim dorociak @ Oct 21 2021, 08:23 AM) *

I'm running Fikse FM10's 8x17 in front and 9x17 in rear. No problems with GT flairs.
When I bought it, it had 235 up front and 255 in the rear racing tires.

The 8x17 in front, sure could use the back set of that rim. Thanks @Steve
emerygt350
I have 16x9 fuch types in back with Chalon flares (probably a bit wider than gt flares), spacers, 225/50/16s. I get a slight rub on hard cornering but just barely. My rear is 68.5 inches wide. The cars rear.
tygaboy
Tony @Cracker runs Roto Foxes, IIRC. Note he has flares on his rear flares to get what I think are 295s on the 9s.
Maybe Tony will chime in.
Hope this helps.
tygaboy
And not that it'll help, but just in case, I'm running 8 and 9 Ronals. Tight but no rubbing.
jim dorociak
Thank you guys for taking time to respond. Anybody running 18" wheels?

Been here a long time dreaming, tired of dreaming time to make reality happen. Jim
Cracker
245 F & 275 R (RSR Finish)

LOTS of work on both ends to make this work...way beyond just steel flares and rolling. Just a matter of opinion of course but I think 17's are the max without looking really odd on a teener. JMHO.

Cracker

JRust
I honestly can't remember if these are Rota Fox or Euromaster. I've owned both sets. Lol. Anyway these are the size you are asking about 17x9 rear 17x7.5 fronts. I had a set in the rsr finish I didn't really like. I prefer the blacked out centers with polished lips
PanelBilly
I’d buy the wheels you want, have tires mounted and then install the flares. Do this before you paint so you can modify the body to fit.
snakemain
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 19 2021, 12:03 PM) *

I honestly can't remember if these are Rota Fox or Euromaster. I've owned both sets. Lol. Anyway these are the size you are asking about 17x9 rear 17x7.5 fronts. I had a set in the rsr finish I didn't really like. I prefer the blacked out centers with polished lips

And here's those RSR finish wheels he didn't like. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
jim dorociak
Guys - thank you all who responded, This is the information I was looking for as well as whether or not extra work would be required to fit a 9" under the rear flares. Jim. jdorociak@gmail.com

Any additional pictures you can share of different angles would be appreciated.
r_towle
QUOTE(snakemain @ Nov 19 2021, 02:17 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 19 2021, 12:03 PM) *

And here's those RSR finish wheels he didn't like. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

What type of wheels are those?
And
Tire sizes?

I agree I will buy wheels and tires before I go any further to paint….just in case I need more sawzall-smiley.gif
sixnotfour
you need the 15 offset, for 17 x 9...The 16x9s have a diff offset than the 15x9s have,,, 16x9 fuchs, will fit ,,,15x9 not so much, depending on flairs fitment ..Eric Shea can barely fit 15x8s..cut off a factory car..
jim dorociak
Thank you for the offset chart. It helps me understand. On the fronts I assume most are running 7" or 7.5" are you still needing to use a spacer to move outward toward the fender lip? If yes is it a 6mm, 12mm spacer?Thanks everyone. Jim. jdorociak@gmail.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.