Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOUND sun visors OEM quality these are great
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Medtner3

If you need sun visors I highly recommend them they were $151: https://www.ebay.com/itm/194309773563

Click to view attachment
Ansbacher
Sounds like the man knows what he wants! Does anybody have a time machine they can loan him so he can go back to the 1970s in search of perfect sun visors? Good hunting and good luck.

Ansbacher
Medtner3
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Oct 20 2021, 07:21 PM) *

Sounds like the man knows what he wants! Does anybody have a time machine they can loan him so he can go back to the 1970s in search of perfect sun visors? Good hunting and good luck.

Ansbacher

I figured comments like yours were limited to a great place like Facebook. Clearly you have never put in the hours of time and effort and hard work to do something right
DC_neun_vierzehn
I think what he is trying to say is that the inside 50 year old padding of the original visors deteriorate into dust. I've never heard of anybody having original visors that weren't sagging.

Have you considered restoring a pair of originals rather than going aftermarket? Might be your only hope. There might be a way to carefully open an original visor and perform surgery.
Medtner3
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 21 2021, 03:16 PM) *

I think what he is trying to say is that the inside 50 year old padding of the original visors deteriorate into dust. I've never heard of anybody having original visors that weren't sagging.

Have you considered restoring a pair of originals rather than going aftermarket? Might be your only hope. There might be a way to carefully open an original visor and perform surgery.

" unless they are restored to original quality, ie, no stitching, same heat shrink, same mirror, same map pocket, same vinyl.

this is difficult since any original sun visors are likely damaged like mine, however, this is what I am looking for either undamaged originals or matching"

I may have found a pair today They are being shipped to me so I will judge when I get them thanks
burton73
I sold a par like you are asking for a month ago to one of our members. From a 1970 car and as you can see there was no mirror just a pocket. Shown are pictures of the ones that I sold!

I have the set that was on my 6 number 41 and I will need to get a photo to see what they look like before they get recovered in Leather so they match every part of my custom interion.

There are parts out there. Question is the texture the same on all years on the vinyl parts. I have a set of new ones from 914rubber that are outstanding. There newest ones are very nice.

Both sets are from early 1970 cars.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=812
048]
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Oct 20 2021, 04:21 PM) *

Ansbacher

I have one you can borrow but it needs new visors
Jett
smile.gif yes, hard to find a set of perfect, but over the last five years we have stumbled across two sets, one great shape and the other NOS. They are out there but the materials had to be stored in perfect conditions…

Neither set are for sale.

Bought the drivers side off eBay earlier this year.
Ansbacher
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Oct 21 2021, 12:41 PM) *

Ansbacher

I figured comments like yours were limited to a great place like Facebook. Clearly you have never put in the hours of time and effort and hard work to do something right

And clearly you have no sense of humor.

Ansbacher
Medtner3
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Oct 21 2021, 11:38 PM) *

Ansbacher

Ansbacher

I thought it was funny too just mishandled your post and I had lost my sense of humor because my previous post a few weeks back I had already had four members here try to sell me visors that were all damaged and worse than my own, and another guy trying to scam me with a set from 914Rubber (nothing against them at all they're great) but this guy concealed pictures and information and then was a jerk simply because I declined to buy from him. Nothing personal just trying to get good visors. I was trying to make clear that I do not want someone else's junk
JeffBowlsby
Show us what you found! We love photos of the holy grail parts.
Ansbacher
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Oct 22 2021, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Oct 21 2021, 11:38 PM) *

Ansbacher

Ansbacher

I thought it was funny too just mishandled your post and I had lost my sense of humor because my previous post a few weeks back I had already had four members here try to sell me visors that were all damaged and worse than my own, and another guy trying to scam me with a set from 914Rubber (nothing against them at all they're great) but this guy concealed pictures and information and then was a jerk simply because I declined to buy from him. Nothing personal just trying to get good visors. I was trying to make clear that I do not want someone else's junk

Thanks for the explanation. No hard feelings and good luck in your search.

Ansbacher
Cairo94507
@Medtner3 - Please let us know about the ones you found/bought. They look good in the link you provided. I am looking for a set for my 914-6. Thanks. beerchug.gif
Medtner3
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 23 2021, 06:13 AM) *

@Medtner3 - Please let us know about the ones you found/bought. They look good in the link you provided. I am looking for a set for my 914-6. Thanks. beerchug.gif

okay I put the ebay link to the ones I bought and will get them in 10 days to two weeks I will let you know if they are correct
Medtner3
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Oct 20 2021, 11:04 AM) *

If you need sun visors I highly recommend them they were $151: https://www.ebay.com/itm/194309773563

Click to view attachment

914ltd
A few years ago (yea, big help) there was an article in Pano or Excellence of a guy who restored his 356 visors. They looked great.
JeffBowlsby
Curious about a feature of the new sunvisors you found, the close-up photos look excellent. What mechanism is used to hold the mirror flap closed? Magnets? Velcro?
cause
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Dec 7 2021, 03:55 PM) *

Curious about a feature of the new sunvisors you found, the close-up photos look excellent. What mechanism is used to hold the mirror flap closed? Magnets? Velcro?

its magnets. They made a coupon code in a FB group and I took a gamble on them since I bought my car without visors. Pleasantly surprised with the quality and shipping speed. I almost bought some during the black friday sale, but couldnt justify to myself spending like $300 on visors, so getting these with the clips was a huge relief.
Geezer914
Just purchased a pair on eBay from Bamboli made in Turkey. Ordered them on Monday, being delivered on Thursday. $113.00 shipped. No mirrors. No need, as I don't wear make up! lol-2.gif
Geezer914
Just purchased a pair on eBay from Bamboli made in Turkey. Ordered them on Monday, being delivered on Thursday. $113.00 shipped. No mirrors. No need, as I don't wear make up! lol-2.gif
AzGuy238
I just received the pair I ordered from Bamboli in Turkey....same deal, deliivered in a week and they look great. Hopefully they will fit as good as they look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.