Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB spare targa top and 'safari roof rack"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dlindzey
i want to put an additional rack on top of a spare targa top. I have seen one that was called 'safari' and it is basically a square design with rails on all four sides. Does any one know if this is even doable in terms of load stress on windshield and hinges or have those two items for sale or know where i might get such a rack for a 914?
Cal
Is this what your looking for....
bdstone914
QUOTE(dlindzey @ Oct 20 2021, 06:55 PM) *

i want to put an additional rack on top of a spare targa top. I have seen one that was called 'safari' and it is basically a square design with rails on all four sides. Does any one know if this is even doable in terms of load stress on windshield and hinges or have those two items for sale or know where i might get such a rack for a 914?

For what year car? There are early and late tops. You probably want to find one locally due to shipping costs
@dlindzey
Bullethead
Are you thinking of this?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=350304
Literati914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 21 2021, 10:09 AM) *

For what year car? There are early and late tops. You probably want to find one locally due to shipping costs
@dlindzey

agree.gif , I may have a spare roof for an early car ( early door/window regulators), but it’s been smoothed out. What part of Texas are you in ? I’ve been wanting a rack too ( for yet another roof I have)… and love the safari style ones.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.