Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LED headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Which would be the best plug n play led headlights to use?
tazz9924
QUOTE(partwerks @ Oct 20 2021, 06:09 PM) *

Which would be the best plug n play led headlights to use?

914 rubber! you can even get them with new covers
BillJ
I used vintageleds.com. really happy
VegasRacer
I witnessed a 914Rubber LED headlight installation in the parking lot at the WCR last weekend. biggrin.gif Super easy swap. first.gif
I was so impressed that I asked about ordering a set. smilie_pokal.gif I was told to wait for the Black Friday sale. popcorn[1].gif
BillJ
I meant these:

https://vintagecarleds.com/shop/7-inch/vc50...ate-7-inch-kit/
iankarr
Easy job that makes a huge difference. Here's the video I made about the 914rubber ones...

https://youtu.be/TkTa0JSenk0
Cairo94507
The LED headlight conversion is a no-brainer regardless of which set you select. I have the Vintage Car LED's in my car and am very pleased with the look, performance and fit. Just be careful to place the small power unit in the headlight bucket where it will not interfere with the headlight movement.

Also, disconnect the battery before you begin playing with the fitment of the small power unit so the headlights don't go up or down as you are turning the knob to check clearance. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
914rubber.com LED right. H4 halogen left. No brainer. And if they are putting them in the Black Friday sale? first.gif
Mikey914
The difference between ANY LED and stock is significant. You will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
FlacaProductions
I have the 914Rubber version in their H4 fixtures. Good stuff.
Mikey914
The only issues with any of these are the fog lights. The LEDs don't draw enough current to trigger the relay to high beam, and when things are rewired it can create problems.

We did an install at WCR with Rick and he had an issue with the fogs. We are providing him with small resistors that should "normalize" the system enough to work as it did with more load.
gonzo54
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 21 2021, 09:58 AM) *

The only issues with any of these are the fog lights. The LEDs don't draw enough current to trigger the relay to high beam, and when things are rewired it can create problems.

We did an install at WCR with Rick and he had an issue with the fogs. We are providing him with small resistors that should "normalize" the system enough to work as it did with more load.

Mark, The resistors have not arrived yet so I tried Bruce @bdstone914 and Spoke's thread cutting the white/blue tracer foglight wire at #1 fuse added wire and attached it to Ground. Everything seems to be working today! High and Low beams, Fog light are working now with the LED's on and the Rt Headlight motor is not cycling.

Thanks, Rick
FlacaProductions
Spoke's EP26 relay did it for me.
Mikey914
Try swapping the left and right so see if it's a relay issue.

partwerks
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 20 2021, 08:04 PM) *

I witnessed a 914Rubber LED headlight installation in the parking lot at the WCR last weekend. biggrin.gif Super easy swap. first.gif
I was so impressed that I asked about ordering a set. smilie_pokal.gif I was told to wait for the Black Friday sale. popcorn[1].gif

What day is that going to be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.