Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Bay Area 914 gatherings this Saturday?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys. Anything fun happening?
SirAndy
QUOTE(iankarr @ Oct 21 2021, 07:42 AM) *

Hi Guys. Anything fun happening?

Rain!
Seriously, this is the first rain in at least 6 months and it is very much welcome.
Not ideal for 914 gatherings though.

If you are vaccinated and willing to come across the bay to Oakland, we can hang out for a beer or two.
beerchug.gif
tygaboy
If you're near Petaluma, @Buddyv @Markhoward @roadglue @roundtwo and anyone else who'd like to attend could meet gather here at the Red Barn.
SirAndy
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 21 2021, 08:58 AM) *

If you're near Petaluma, @Buddyv @Markhoward @roadglue @roundtwo and anyone else who'd like to attend could meet gather here at the Red Barn.

I'd drive up for that!

In fact, @iankarr could come to my house and we can drive up together.

I don't mind driving the 914 in the rain.
driving.gif

tygaboy
OK then, let's make this easy:

The Red Barn will be open from 10:00 - 3:00 for any and all to stop by. (OK, I'd be out there all day anyway!)

PM me to let me know if you'll be coming. And I'll get you the address, if you don't know how to find us.

@Andyrew , @Wes , come for a visit?

And someone remind me of his screen name or alert James from the south bay about this.
BuddyV
I am in..... I can arrive around noon...... I will bring a few Costco Pizzas!

I am vaccinated..... hope you are, too.

See you Saturday!

Robert
tygaboy
I knew I'd forget many locals...

@horizontally-opposed - Pete, any chance we'll see you?

Also, yes, please be vaccinated. No politics, either.
iankarr
Sounds great, guys! I never expected this post would create its own gathering.

@sirandy would be happy to ride up with you. Please PM me your address. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
roundtwo
Fantastic. I can't resist the magnetic pull of the Red Barn.

I can bring drinks.

Anybody and everybody please respond with drink type votes. It is still October right? beer.gif

Todd
SirAndy
QUOTE(roundtwo @ Oct 21 2021, 02:05 PM) *
... everybody please respond with drink type votes ...

Any beer as long as it is a good Pilsner ...
biggrin.gif

BuddyV
QUOTE(roundtwo @ Oct 21 2021, 02:05 PM) *

Fantastic. I can't resist the magnetic pull of the Red Barn.

I can bring drinks.

Anybody and everybody please respond with drink type votes. It is still October right? beer.gif

Todd

Hen House IPA......

beerchug.gif
iankarr
Since I love beer but my body doesn’t, I’ll bring vodka! Or maybe white claw is more in keeping with the spirit smile.gif
tygaboy
And the shop will be open for no-charge business so if anyone has need of a small-ish welding effort or a part that could be reasonably fabricated / plasma cut, etc., PM me to be sure I can accommodate you and let's have fun AND do some real work!
smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
roundtwo
Oh great Chris now I need to trailer over my project car!!!

Just bought a bunch of German lager to bring over as well
Andyrew
I promised the wife I would let her get some work done this weekend, but let me see if I can sneak out… Chances are about 10% sad.gif
jcd914
I would be up for this, about 2 hrs from my house but probably not in the 914 in the rain, does not even have wiper arms yet.
This is one my wife might have wanted to go to, Lagunitas in Petaluma is one of our favorites.
But sadly I returned from WCR to a dead 20 year old furnace and I am having my home HVAC system replaced on Saturday.

Jim
tygaboy
@Krieger - Andy! How could I have missed you???!!! Join us?
Krieger
Hey! I may be able to come by for a while idea.gif
Krieger
Do any of you guys have a 911 front torsion bar that you can bring? I have a pair of front A arms I bought. I thought they were from a four, but I cannot get an old four cylinder torsion bar in either one. I'm thinking they are from a 911. I just need to see if your 911 bar fits.
Mikey914
It was sunny in NY biggrin.gif
Next time
markhoward
QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 22 2021, 08:02 PM) *

Do any of you guys have a 911 front torsion bar that you can bring? I have a pair of front A arms I bought. I thought they were from a four, but I cannot get an old four cylinder torsion bar in either one. I'm thinking they are from a 911. I just need to see if your 911 bar fits.

I have spare 911 torsion bars but cannot make it tomorrow. If it is not urgent, I should be able to get them to you next week.
Krieger
Thanks Mark! If nobody has one at Chris's place I will take you up on your offer. I intend on bringing my a-arms to Chris's place and see if I get lucky.
iankarr
...Wish I had room in my suitcase for parts to swap... see you guys soon!
SirAndy
Just got back, it was good being able to get out of the house for a while and see some familiar and new faces.

Thanks to @tygaboy for hosting, @BuddyV for the pizza, @roundtwo for the beer, @iankarr for organizing and everyone else for showing up
w00t.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif

iankarr
What a great day. Met some new friends, saw some great builds and got to ride in @sirandy ‘s 3.6 screamer. Thanks so much, guys! (Now let’s see if Andy’s suggestion to keep the shutter button in the right takes a pic that posts right-side up)

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Awesome group there!

Sorry I missed it!
wes
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 21 2021, 09:25 AM) *

The Red Barn will be open from 10:00 - 3:00 for any and all to stop by. (OK, I'd be out there all day anyway!)

PM me to let me know if you'll be coming. And I'll get you the address, if you don't know how to find us.

And someone remind me of his screen name or alert James from the south bay about this.

Thanks for the invite sorry I couldn’t make it. I haven’t heard from James since August. He was planning on going to WCR don’t know if he made thought.
Manas and I have both left messages for him with no response.
Krieger
Good times! Great people!
JamesJ
QUOTE(wes @ Oct 23 2021, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 21 2021, 09:25 AM) *

Thanks for the invite sorry I couldn’t make it. I haven’t heard from James since August. He was planning on going to WCR don’t know if he made thought.
Manas and I have both left messages for him with no response.

Hey Wes/Chris @wes @tygaboy et al,
Sorry I missed this, but thanks for reaching out! I just got a new phone number and have been making my way through my phone to text everyone with the update. You are all at the end of my contacts list starting with "914". My car got stuck at the paint shop longer than expected(reason for no WCR), but am planning to attend the Livermore event next month. Hope to see you all there!
tygaboy
Always great to meet new/catch up with and generally hang out with fellow 914 World-ers! Thanks to everyone who was able to make it for brightening my day. smilie_pokal.gif

And remember, the Red Barn is always ready for a party so let's do this sort of thing again soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.